xp remote asst with windows98? & others

I have xp prof. can I do a remote asst with win98 & other windows? If so, do
I need something called "client software?" & where do I get it? I know xp to
xp by default & I tried with another xp user & it sent her e-mail request for
asst. to herself! I have linksys wireless networking on 1 other pc.
I ALSO DESPERATLY need to access my pc upstairs to check & see what my
grands are doing & to do maintainence. My pc is the administator. I just
can't get up/down the steps like I use to.
Please help & explain good. I'm just learning tech, ok? (:
-- GOD BLESS, Thanks
GRANDMOM
2 answers Last reply
More about remote asst windows98 others

    I'm afraid that Remote Assistance requires Windows XP on both ends of the
    connection.

    --

    "JESUSBABY" <JESUSBABY@DISCUSSIONS.MICROSOFT.COM> wrote in message
    >I have xp prof. can I do a remote asst with win98 & other windows? If so,
    >do
    > I need something called "client software?" & where do I get it? I know xp
    > xp by default & I tried with another xp user & it sent her e-mail request
    > for
    > asst. to herself! I have linksys wireless networking on 1 other pc.
    > I ALSO DESPERATLY need to access my pc upstairs to check & see what my
    > grands are doing & to do maintainence. My pc is the administator. I just
    > can't get up/down the steps like I use to.
    > Please help & explain good. I'm just learning tech, ok? (:
    > -- GOD BLESS, Thanks
    > GRANDMOM

    In addition to Bill's comments, you might look into using UltraVNC (or some other flavor of VNC) to
    access/control the W98 PC...

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "JESUSBABY" <JESUSBABY@DISCUSSIONS.MICROSOFT.COM> wrote in message
    >I have xp prof. can I do a remote asst with win98 & other windows? If so, do
    > I need something called "client software?" & where do I get it? I know xp to
    > xp by default & I tried with another xp user & it sent her e-mail request for
    > asst. to herself! I have linksys wireless networking on 1 other pc.
    > I ALSO DESPERATLY need to access my pc upstairs to check & see what my
    > grands are doing & to do maintainence. My pc is the administator. I just
    > can't get up/down the steps like I use to.
    > Please help & explain good. I'm just learning tech, ok? (:
    > -- GOD BLESS, Thanks
    > GRANDMOM

Windows 98 Windows XP