Problems with VPN Connection and Remote Desktop Connection

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have a very unique problem. I use a VPN connection to connect to my office
from home. Then I use a remote desktop connection to control my PC at my
office. I can connect to the VPN with no problem, but when I use the remote
desktop connection I get an error that says no computer can be found. I tried
to connect to several PCs in the office and still get the same error. Remote
Desktop is enabled on the machine I'm trying to connect to. Whats weird is
its only this laptop that gives me an error when I try to connect to a
machine after I connect to the VPN. I tried another laptop and don't get any
erros with that. Firewall is disabled, no viruses or spyware, and it was
working on this laptop before and then just stopped. Any ideas? Thank you.

pavel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003

I may be wrong on this but....(it's been while since I done this)...

A good indicator that the following is set or not is that when you are
connected to your VPN source, you can not browse internet at the same time.

Disconnect VPN. Do properties on your VPN. Select "Networking" tab. Select
"Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and do Properties. Click on Advanced and here,
remove the checkmark from "Use default gateway...."

--
Pavel