RDP Connection Timeout

I am trying to connect to a clients PC that is using a Direcway DW6000
satellite dish. I have verified and can ping the IP address. When I try to
connect using RDP I get an error that "The Remote Connection has Timed out."
I suspect a logon timeout issue caused by latency. Is there a way to increase
the max logon timeout duration? Registry Hack?
2 answers Last reply
More about connection timeout

    AFAIK, the only way to change logon timeouts is if you are doing it
    over a RAS connection...

    :)

    There are some group policies that are configurable for idle sessions, etc, but nothing that I know
    of that govern what your seeing. You may simply be out of luck...

    To look at the Group Policies run gpedit.msc on the Remote Desktop host machine and navigate to the
    Local Computer Policy | Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components |
    Terminal Services | Sessions policies.

    If you can't get RDP to work, you might try UltraVNC with its encryption plug-in. I can't say if the
    latency issue would not cause the same problems however...

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Linn Allen" <LinnAllen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to connect to a clients PC that is using a Direcway DW6000
    > satellite dish. I have verified and can ping the IP address. When I try to
    > connect using RDP I get an error that "The Remote Connection has Timed out."
    > I suspect a logon timeout issue caused by latency. Is there a way to increase
    > the max logon timeout duration? Registry Hack?

IP Address Connection Microsoft Windows XP