Can't use Remote Desktop Connection

My network is Win Server 2003.I'm working on Win server 2003(my operating
system) because i was previously used as a server on the network.Now there's
only 1 mainserver. I previously then used remote desktop connection to
connect to the main server and then work from there. However this morning
when i tried to double-click on the desktop shortcut it gave me the following
"error message".

"Remote session was disconnected because there are no Terminal Server client
access licenses on this machine"

What can b the problem as the last time it worked like normal(that was friday)

PLEAESE HELP

I lokked on the site below but didn't find where i can install the access
license.Can i install it from there(do you perhaps have the link) or where do
i get the access license to install. On the win server 2003 cd????

Thanks in advance

"Robert L [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> have you install access licenses? quoted from http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>
> Errors: The license will be expired in x days message even you had the license installed.
>
> "No TS licensing server error when run TS license manager".
>
> "The remote session was disconnected because the local computer's client access license could not be upgraded or renewed"
>
> Causes: Installed the TS licenses incorrectly
>
> Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> How to Setup Windows, Network, Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
>
> I recommend Brinkster for web hosting!
>
> "Craig from Huguenot" <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BD7DE10-0E36-46EF-AF9E-DEAAF47A6BE6@microsoft.com...
> My network is Win Server 2003.I'm working on Win server 2003(my operating
> system) because i was previously used as a server on the network.Now there's
> only 1 mainserver. I previously then used remote desktop connection to
> connect to the main server and then work from there. However this morning
> when i tried to double-click on the desktop shortcut it gave me the following
> "error message".
>
> "Remote session was disconnected because there are no Terminal Server client
> access licenses on this machine"
>
> What can b the problem as the last time it worked like normal(that was friday)
>
> PLEAESE HELP

Thanks. Igot the site. Wil try it 2morrow on my computer.

"Craig from Huguenot" wrote:

> I lokked on the site below but didn't find where i can install the access
> license.Can i install it from there(do you perhaps have the link) or where do
> i get the access license to install. On the win server 2003 cd????
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> "Robert L [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
> > have you install access licenses? quoted from http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> >
> > Errors: The license will be expired in x days message even you had the license installed.
> >
> > "No TS licensing server error when run TS license manager".
> >
> > "The remote session was disconnected because the local computer's client access license could not be upgraded or renewed"
> >
> > Causes: Installed the TS licenses incorrectly
> >
> > Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.
> >
> > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > How to Setup Windows, Network, Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
> >
> > I recommend Brinkster for web hosting!
> >
> > "Craig from Huguenot" <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BD7DE10-0E36-46EF-AF9E-DEAAF47A6BE6@microsoft.com...
> > My network is Win Server 2003.I'm working on Win server 2003(my operating
> > system) because i was previously used as a server on the network.Now there's
> > only 1 mainserver. I previously then used remote desktop connection to
> > connect to the main server and then work from there. However this morning
> > when i tried to double-click on the desktop shortcut it gave me the following
> > "error message".
> >
> > "Remote session was disconnected because there are no Terminal Server client
> > access licenses on this machine"
> >
> > What can b the problem as the last time it worked like normal(that was friday)
> >
> > PLEAESE HELP

TRENDING THREADS