Which UDF version?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

When I insert a blank DVD-RW for formatting, Nero InCD prompts me to
choose from the following UDF versions:

UDF 1.50
UDF 2.00 (recommended)
UDF 2.01
UDF 2.50

What is the significance of UDF version? Why not choose UDF 2.50 which
is the latest version?

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about which version
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    <jramaley@iname.com> wrote in
    news:1113561968.027031.257480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com thusly:

    > When I insert a blank DVD-RW for formatting, Nero InCD prompts me to
    > choose from the following UDF versions:
    >
    > UDF 1.50
    > UDF 2.00 (recommended)
    > UDF 2.01
    > UDF 2.50
    >
    > What is the significance of UDF version? Why not choose UDF 2.50 which
    > is the latest version?

    I don't know about the UDF version, but I have to ask you if you are
    using this because you need it or because it's there? You don't need
    DirectCD, InCD or DLA or whatever to use a DVD-RW. More then it should,
    discs burned in this matter tend to become unreadable after awhile for
    various reasons.

    Unless you need to regularly add/delete files and treat it like a mini
    hard drive, just burn them the same way you would burn a data DVD-R.
    Should you need to use it again, just erase it.

    This would allow you to uninstall InCD which may even improve the
    stability of your system.

    --

    Tom

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Graphics