Which UDF version?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 15, 2005 7:46:08 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

When I insert a blank DVD-RW for formatting, Nero InCD prompts me to
choose from the following UDF versions:

UDF 1.50
UDF 2.00 (recommended)
UDF 2.01
UDF 2.50

What is the significance of UDF version? Why not choose UDF 2.50 which
is the latest version?

thanks

More about : udf version

April 15, 2005 3:30:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

<jramaley@iname.com> wrote in
news:1113561968.027031.257480@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com thusly:

> When I insert a blank DVD-RW for formatting, Nero InCD prompts me to
> choose from the following UDF versions:
>
> UDF 1.50
> UDF 2.00 (recommended)
> UDF 2.01
> UDF 2.50
>
> What is the significance of UDF version? Why not choose UDF 2.50 which
> is the latest version?

I don't know about the UDF version, but I have to ask you if you are
using this because you need it or because it's there? You don't need
DirectCD, InCD or DLA or whatever to use a DVD-RW. More then it should,
discs burned in this matter tend to become unreadable after awhile for
various reasons.

Unless you need to regularly add/delete files and treat it like a mini
hard drive, just burn them the same way you would burn a data DVD-R.
Should you need to use it again, just erase it.

This would allow you to uninstall InCD which may even improve the
stability of your system.

--

Tom
!