Offline files - old server won't remove

I used to sync offline files with my folder on a server that was replaced
with a different name.
It now wants to continue to look for the old one to sync with but all the
settings I see show the new server.
When sync time comes it only looks for the old one.

How do I get rid of the old path? I searched the registry and got rid of
every entry for the old and it still looks. I unchecked "use offline files"
and rebooted and then reconfigured offline files with the new path but the
old always comes back..

Rob
2 answers Last reply
More about offline files server remove
  1. Hello! I know that this post is 4 years old but I've been trying to fix this exact issue - and finally found the answer so thought I'd come back to some of the threads I read to answer it and hopefully help some of you out that have the same problem!

    In order to reconfigure offline files to point to the new server path, you can utilise a Microsoft tool called the "Client-Side Caching Command-Line Options command-line tool" (catchey name!). Or CSCCMD

    CSCCMD.exe is available in the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit which is on the 2k3 installation disc, or can be downloaded here:

    http://www.petri.co.il/download_windows_2003_reskit_tools.htm

    Once downloaded, run the RStools.exe to install it on the PC on which you wich to change the offline files path. By default this installs to c:\program files\windows resource kits\tools.

    Now go to command prompt and go to that directory by typing:

    cd\program files\windows resource kits\tools

    (enter)

    now you can utilise the tool to change the offline files path. Type:

    csccmd /moveshare:\\oldpath\oldsharename \\newpath\newsharename

    (enter)

    Obviously replace oldpath\oldsharename with the relevant details and likewise with newpath\newsharename.

    THats it! Problem solved! You might need to reboot, but when you next synch you will point to the right place.

    Hope this helps

    Oli
  2. Oli,

    Thanks for the info. This is the only way to fix this problem on Windows XP after migrating to new server. Registry changes and resetting the offline db did not worked for me but this utility did the trick.

    Thanks,
    Omar

Microsoft Servers Windows XP