Windows xp desktop sharing with Dot4 printer

Hi there PLEASE help me
I have read alot of articles about desktop sharing not redirecting printers
that use COM, LPT, or USB, my printer is DOT4.
Now i have read articles to fix this problem and they all say to edit RDPDR
found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TErminal Server
Client\Default\Addins\RDPDR
This would be great but i can only see
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TErminal Server Client\Default\
Your help would be much appreciated.
I connect to a windows server 2003 machine.
Thankyou in advance

"=?Utf-8?B?bWF5YW43Ng==?=" <mayan76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hi there PLEASE help me
> I have read alot of articles about desktop sharing not redirecting
> printers that use COM, LPT, or USB, my printer is DOT4.
> Now i have read articles to fix this problem and they all say to edit
> RDPDR found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TErminal Server
> Client\Default\Addins\RDPDR
> This would be great but i can only see
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TErminal Server Client\Default\
> Your help would be much appreciated.
> I connect to a windows server 2003 machine.
> Thankyou in advance

go to the command prompt, and type:

Net Use LPT1: \\server\printer

this will bind a printer to use LPT1

I had this same issue with a client of mine. The only way to get this to
work is following this KB Article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302361

If you don't have permissions to edit the registry on the remote machine,
you should ask the system administrator to make this change for you.

-Nate