Sale on Memory cards

I went to my local Office Max and found ALL their memory cards on sale. I
picked up a 1GB CF Lexar Card 4x for 50 bucks after discount and mail in
rebate.

Just fyi

MrRx

MrRx wrote:
> I went to my local Office Max and found ALL their memory cards on
> sale. I picked up a 1GB CF Lexar Card 4x for 50 bucks after discount
> and mail in rebate.
>
> Just fyi
>
> MrRx

4x speed...that's slow...this is appr. 600 kb per second, which means that
if you have 5M camera, shoot in quality mode, one shot is 1.5 - 2M big,
means each shot will take 2-3 seconds to store on the card...you won't be
able to shoot fast. Not to mention time needed for transfer 1G of data on
the PC...ages...let's see---about 27 minutes...

I have no problem with lag time storing pics on the Cannon 350 EOS Rebel XT.
It is a little slow on the downloading but I can multitask and surf the web
or email, etc while it d/l.

MrRx

MrRx wrote:
> I have no problem with lag time storing pics on the Cannon 350 EOS
> Rebel XT. It is a little slow on the downloading but I can multitask
> and surf the web or email, etc while it d/l.

OK, if you have plenty of time, it is a bargain. After all, it won't be the
end of the world if you wait a while... :)

> MrRx
>
> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
>> MrRx wrote:
>>> I went to my local Office Max and found ALL their memory cards on
>>> sale. I picked up a 1GB CF Lexar Card 4x for 50 bucks after
>>> discount and mail in rebate.
>>>
>>> Just fyi
>>>
>>> MrRx
>>
>> 4x speed...that's slow...this is appr. 600 kb per second, which
>> means that if you have 5M camera, shoot in quality mode, one shot is
>> 1.5 - 2M big, means each shot will take 2-3 seconds to store on the
>> card...you won't be able to shoot fast. Not to mention time needed
>> for transfer 1G of data on the PC...ages...let's see---about 27
>> minutes...

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Actually, I think he was referring to the lag time between taking
pictures not downloading them.

Steve wrote:
> Actually, I think he was referring to the lag time between taking
> pictures not downloading them.

Basically, yes. I really wonder if there is noticeable lag...

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:47:52 -0400, "MrRx"
> <misterrx@nospam.chemist.nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> I have no problem with lag time storing pics on the Cannon 350 EOS
>> Rebel XT. It is a little slow on the downloading but I can multitask
>> and surf the web or email, etc while it d/l.
>>
>> MrRx
>>
>> "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message

>>> 4x speed...that's slow...this is appr. 600 kb per second, which
>>> means that if you have 5M camera, shoot in quality mode, one shot
>>> is 1.5 - 2M big, means each shot will take 2-3 seconds to store on
>>> the card...you won't be able to shoot fast. Not to mention time
>>> needed for transfer 1G of data on the PC...ages...let's see---about
>>> 27 minutes...

Good on you, Just recently while on holidays I was taking pictures in a
Railway Museum.
Suddenly the 128mb SD Card corrupted on me, and that was game over for
that card...
Moral of the story...Never buy big Cards !
Better to have a bunch of smaller ones...