Once I log in using remote desktop i can't do anything

Hi Guys,

This is a wierd problem. Everytime I try to log on to my work workstation
using remote desktop it freezes. I can log on and everything, but once I am
logged in, I am unable to do anything. After awhile, it starts making error
noise everytime I press key on the keyboard or click on the mouse button. I
also notice that it disconnects and reconnects back. But still the remote
computer is frozen. If the local person is there, it is not frozen there. I
can use remote assistance without it freezing. I wonder why this is
happening.

Ankit Shah
1 answer Last reply
More about once remote desktop anything

    Ankit,

    I'm wondering if you have found a solution to this problem. I have the very
    same thing, when one of my customers attaches to a remote computer. I have
    tested several other connections to the remote computer, and they work
    without fault.

    When this one user attaches from home, the login process works, the desktop
    and icons are shown on the screen, but none of the keys or the mouse works.

    I've tried everything that I can think of. I actually wondered if it might
    not be something to do with the language settings on the problem computer.

    Thanks,

    Graham Fisher

    "Ankit Shah" wrote:

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > This is a wierd problem. Everytime I try to log on to my work workstation
    > using remote desktop it freezes. I can log on and everything, but once I am
    > logged in, I am unable to do anything. After awhile, it starts making error
    > noise everytime I press key on the keyboard or click on the mouse button. I
    > also notice that it disconnects and reconnects back. But still the remote
    > computer is frozen. If the local person is there, it is not frozen there. I
    > can use remote assistance without it freezing. I wonder why this is
    > happening.
    >
    > Ankit Shah

Remote Desktop Login Windows XP