Converting from .avi to .wmv

I converted some .avi's (digicam videos filmed in 640x340 at 30 fps)to
..wmv's files using Stoik Video Converter 2 using the same compression,
frame rate and size as the original files, but I'm only getting audio,
no video with the converted .wmv files.

What is it that I did wrong? Is there a codec that I'm missing? Any
help would be appreciated.

chrysmoon wrote ...
> I converted some .avi's (digicam videos filmed in 640x340
> at 30 fps)to .wmv's files using Stoik Video Converter 2 using
> the same compression, frame rate and size as the original files,
> but I'm only getting audio, no video with the converted .wmv files.
>
> What is it that I did wrong? Is there a codec that I'm missing?
> Any help would be appreciated.

Go to Microsoft (proprietary owner of WMA, WMV, etc.) and
download their converter for free.

Dunno why would one want to fool around with a 3rd party
product (Stoik or any thing else) when they can get the real
thing for free?