Remote Desktop Control or managment app

On my windows 2000 machine I had some kind of front end application for
Microsoft's Remote desktop. It was a Microsoft application that let me save
shortcut icons with configurations for each connection including login,
screen resolution, etc.

Now that I have a new windows XP machine, I still have the remote desktop
software but it just stores the IP and I have to modify the connection each
time for each of my remote desktops.

Does anyone know what that application was or where I can get it.

I have been all over the MS site and just cant find it.

Thanks

Donald Watson wrote:
> On my windows 2000 machine I had some kind of front end application
> for Microsoft's Remote desktop. It was a Microsoft application that
> let me save shortcut icons with configurations for each connection
> including login, screen resolution, etc.
>
> Now that I have a new windows XP machine, I still have the remote
> desktop software but it just stores the IP and I have to modify the
> connection each time for each of my remote desktops.
>
> Does anyone know what that application was or where I can get it.
>
> I have been all over the MS site and just cant find it.

I believe you were using the same thing..
You need to go into the options of the Remote Desktop Client and change them
as wanted and "Save As".
Give each new shortcut a different name, of course.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan,

A belated congratulations on the MVP award... Well deserved...

Welcome aboard...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> Donald Watson wrote:
>> On my windows 2000 machine I had some kind of front end application
>> for Microsoft's Remote desktop. It was a Microsoft application that
>> let me save shortcut icons with configurations for each connection
>> including login, screen resolution, etc.
>>
>> Now that I have a new windows XP machine, I still have the remote
>> desktop software but it just stores the IP and I have to modify the
>> connection each time for each of my remote desktops.
>>
>> Does anyone know what that application was or where I can get it.
>>
>> I have been all over the MS site and just cant find it.
>
> I believe you were using the same thing..
> You need to go into the options of the Remote Desktop Client and change them as wanted and "Save
> As".
> Give each new shortcut a different name, of course.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

I have examined that option and it is very similar but it doesn't have the
single front end. It just creates shortcuts and saves them to a folder
wherever you want them. That is just fine and works well, but I kind of
liked the unified front end control. It was basically the same as what you
described but kept the list inside the program instead of as separate icons
on the desktop or in a folder.

Thanks

Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:
> Shenan,
>
> A belated congratulations on the MVP award... Well deserved...

Thanks!

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP