Cannot reconnect to Remote Desktop

Having an issue with XP Pro w/SP2.

Sometimes, when I try to reconnect to my PC from work, the Remote Desktop
screen comes up blank, and the windows logon box never shows up. It just
sits there with a black screen until I close the window. Subsequent
attempts to reconnect to a session gives the same result. The only way to
clear this is to reboot my PC.

The system log shows the following event that corresponds with each attempt
to connect:

Event ID: 50
Source: TermDD

The RDP protocol component X.224 detected an error in the protocol stream
and has disconnected the client.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Chris

mdl70

I am receiving this exact error. After the most recent occurrence, this appeared twice in the log 3 minutes later:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: TermService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1006
Date: 4/16/2009
Time: 2:55:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MYPC
The terminal server received large number of incomplete connections. The system may be under attack.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 0a 40 01 3d

The console is blank and blue. Remote desktop will connect, but it is blank and blue. Mouse still works, remote computer can still access files, etc. There is just no logon screen.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark