Discovery about MPEGs in Premiere.

I was in Premiere last night, farting around with some home video clips
that I had captured as MPGs before I knew better.
We all know that MPGs don't work well in Priemere. Gets gets so choppy
and the video/sound sync goes so far out that it makes MPGs almost
impossible to
edit. I like Priemere and I didn't want to switch to another program.
I also didn't want to lose edit capability on these old MPGs.
I discovered that if you bring the MPGs into Priemere and put them on
the timeline
you can export this whole mess as an AVI. Then start a new project and
import this new AVI, stick it on the timeline and edit away. It works
great.
Just a useless bit of info that most of you probably already knew.

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:00:30 GMT, Ron Tock
<rontockPANTS@yahooPANTS.com> wrote:

>I discovered that if you bring the MPGs into Priemere and put them on
>the timeline
>you can export this whole mess as an AVI. Then start a new project and
>import this new AVI, stick it on the timeline and edit away. It works
>great.

Also, but not tested:

Write an Avisynth script

DirectShowSource("TheClip.mpg")

and make it into a pseudo-avi with Link2 (tiny, and fast to do). Then
import this Avi into Premiere.