How long it will take to render 1h10min avi file to a DVD ..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 20, 2005 12:15:07 PM

Hi,

I was trying to render about 1h 10min avi file to a DVD format before
burining. The avi file is about 13G in size, and it took over 1hour and
it was only 37% finished, and I had to kill the program. My question is
how long does the regular DVD software to render such avi file?
Thanks.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 1:30:04 AM

Encoding time is directly related to the speed of your system and the
software being used. On P4 3.0GHz 800MHz systems using Canopus ProCoder the
encode times are around 4 to one and beyond depending on the quality
settings of your encode. Master Quality takes much longer than Highest
Quality which take more time than High Quality, etc.

Single pass encoding takes less time than multi-pass encoding and is
therefore compounded by the quality settings chosen in conjunction to each
selected option. There is no magic bullet formula for encoding times since
everything depends on the final product quality that suits your eyes and
needs.

--
Larry Johnson
Digital Video Solutions