How long it will take to render 1h10min avi file to a DVD ..

Hi,

I was trying to render about 1h 10min avi file to a DVD format before
burining. The avi file is about 13G in size, and it took over 1hour and
it was only 37% finished, and I had to kill the program. My question is
how long does the regular DVD software to render such avi file?
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about long render 1h10min file

    Encoding time is directly related to the speed of your system and the
    software being used. On P4 3.0GHz 800MHz systems using Canopus ProCoder the
    encode times are around 4 to one and beyond depending on the quality
    settings of your encode. Master Quality takes much longer than Highest
    Quality which take more time than High Quality, etc.

    Single pass encoding takes less time than multi-pass encoding and is
    therefore compounded by the quality settings chosen in conjunction to each
    selected option. There is no magic bullet formula for encoding times since
    everything depends on the final product quality that suits your eyes and
    needs.

    --
    Larry Johnson
    Digital Video Solutions

    <wenmang@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was trying to render about 1h 10min avi file to a DVD format before
    > burining. The avi file is about 13G in size, and it took over 1hour and
    > it was only 37% finished, and I had to kill the program. My question is
    > how long does the regular DVD software to render such avi file?
    > Thanks.

Tuner Cards DVD AVI Graphics