recommendations for a basic dig camera please

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 31, 2005 3:12:10 PM

Wonder if someone could help me, (Before I go on, I love my Sony DSCP200).
My friend wants to buy his wife a digital camera, 5mp, that is small, easy
to use, i mean really easy
to use, point and shoot, but uses memory cards and recharges,
Can anyone recommend one please,
(The reason it has to be basic and easy to use, is she is a 25 yr old woman
but with learning difficulties)
Thanks for any ideas.
Tracym
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 6:22:28 PM

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:12:10 GMT, "Tracym" <tracymidd@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Wonder if someone could help me, (Before I go on, I love my Sony DSCP200).
>My friend wants to buy his wife a digital camera, 5mp, that is small, easy
>to use, i mean really easy
>to use, point and shoot, but uses memory cards and recharges,
>Can anyone recommend one please,
>(The reason it has to be basic and easy to use, is she is a 25 yr old woman
>but with learning difficulties)

Actually they are all easy to use sort of cause all the point and
shoot cameras have an autofocus mode in which you just point , press
the shutter button down halfway to focus , wait for it to focus and
then shoot.

If you really dont want any manual stuff theres the low end cams that
look kind of bare - simple Olys, Fujis , Kodaks etc that all produce
decent pics in sunny outdoor environments . The flash maybe a little
weak and they may not focus that great in dim light etc but thats how
many digicams are.

The thing is though , the former 400-700 buck more elaborate point and
shoots fall in price so quickly nowadays that you can get a pretty
nice cam for $200-350 and they are still essentially easy to use. You
dont HAVE to use all the features on them.

If you like the Sony W-5
http://tinyurl.com/3zm2a

$296 free shipping
Use Dell coupon code
89341NKX9BR41B
$276
Comes with batteries and charger
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/w5.html
Youll have to buy a mem stick though they always come with a dinky one
just to test your cam.

Go to dell look up 7 meg cam and use this coupon and
you can get your camera DSCP200 for $324
8$FT$Q5ZXC8G16

Canons are also always recommended
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A95/A95A.HTM
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 1:00:08 AM

I just purchased a Nikon 5900 for my wife. I tried the 5600, but the lag
time between pictures with flash in use was terrible.
I have been playing with the 5900 for a couple days and it is awsome so far.

--
MrRx

"Tracym" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Wonder if someone could help me, (Before I go on, I love my Sony DSCP200).
> My friend wants to buy his wife a digital camera, 5mp, that is small, easy
> to use, i mean really easy
> to use, point and shoot, but uses memory cards and recharges,
> Can anyone recommend one please,
> (The reason it has to be basic and easy to use, is she is a 25 yr old
> woman but with learning difficulties)
> Thanks for any ideas.
> Tracym

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 7:59:21 PM

> "Tracym" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Wonder if someone could help me, (Before I go on, I love my Sony
>> DSCP200).
>> My friend wants to buy his wife a digital camera, 5mp, that is small,
>> easy to use, i mean really easy
>> to use, point and shoot, but uses memory cards and recharges,
>> Can anyone recommend one please,
>> (The reason it has to be basic and easy to use, is she is a 25 yr old
>> woman but with learning difficulties)
>> Thanks for any ideas.
>> Tracym

Hi thanks every one, I decided to go and have a look at a few for my friend
and found the Fuji A345, £120 with a case,
It looked better than most i looked at, and was very basic ( 3 way switch,
movie, play, photo ) no confusion.
So just hope she likes it now.
Thanks again
Tracym