recommendations for a basic dig camera please

Wonder if someone could help me, (Before I go on, I love my Sony DSCP200).
My friend wants to buy his wife a digital camera, 5mp, that is small, easy
to use, i mean really easy
to use, point and shoot, but uses memory cards and recharges,
Can anyone recommend one please,
(The reason it has to be basic and easy to use, is she is a 25 yr old woman
but with learning difficulties)
Thanks for any ideas.
Tracym
3 answers Last reply
More about recommendations basic camera please

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:12:10 GMT, "Tracym" <tracymidd@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Wonder if someone could help me, (Before I go on, I love my Sony DSCP200).
    >My friend wants to buy his wife a digital camera, 5mp, that is small, easy
    >to use, i mean really easy
    >to use, point and shoot, but uses memory cards and recharges,
    >Can anyone recommend one please,
    >(The reason it has to be basic and easy to use, is she is a 25 yr old woman
    >but with learning difficulties)

    Actually they are all easy to use sort of cause all the point and
    shoot cameras have an autofocus mode in which you just point , press
    the shutter button down halfway to focus , wait for it to focus and
    then shoot.

    If you really dont want any manual stuff theres the low end cams that
    look kind of bare - simple Olys, Fujis , Kodaks etc that all produce
    decent pics in sunny outdoor environments . The flash maybe a little
    weak and they may not focus that great in dim light etc but thats how
    many digicams are.

    The thing is though , the former 400-700 buck more elaborate point and
    shoots fall in price so quickly nowadays that you can get a pretty
    nice cam for $200-350 and they are still essentially easy to use. You
    dont HAVE to use all the features on them.

    If you like the Sony W-5
    http://tinyurl.com/3zm2a

    $296 free shipping
    Use Dell coupon code
    89341NKX9BR41B
    $276
    Comes with batteries and charger
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/w5.html
    Youll have to buy a mem stick though they always come with a dinky one
    just to test your cam.

    Go to dell look up 7 meg cam and use this coupon and
    you can get your camera DSCP200 for $324
    8$FT$Q5ZXC8G16

    Canons are also always recommended
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A95/A95A.HTM

    I just purchased a Nikon 5900 for my wife. I tried the 5600, but the lag
    time between pictures with flash in use was terrible.
    I have been playing with the 5900 for a couple days and it is awsome so far.

    --
    MrRx

    "Tracym" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Wonder if someone could help me, (Before I go on, I love my Sony DSCP200).
    > My friend wants to buy his wife a digital camera, 5mp, that is small, easy
    > to use, i mean really easy
    > to use, point and shoot, but uses memory cards and recharges,
    > Can anyone recommend one please,
    > (The reason it has to be basic and easy to use, is she is a 25 yr old
    > woman but with learning difficulties)
    > Thanks for any ideas.
    > Tracym

    > "Tracym" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Wonder if someone could help me, (Before I go on, I love my Sony
    >> DSCP200).
    >> My friend wants to buy his wife a digital camera, 5mp, that is small,
    >> easy to use, i mean really easy
    >> to use, point and shoot, but uses memory cards and recharges,
    >> Can anyone recommend one please,
    >> (The reason it has to be basic and easy to use, is she is a 25 yr old
    >> woman but with learning difficulties)
    >> Thanks for any ideas.
    >> Tracym

    Hi thanks every one, I decided to go and have a look at a few for my friend
    and found the Fuji A345, £120 with a case,
    It looked better than most i looked at, and was very basic ( 3 way switch,
    movie, play, photo ) no confusion.
    So just hope she likes it now.
    Thanks again
    Tracym