Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

remote assistance

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 1:46:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

how can i allow someone to operate my computer remotely

More about : remote assistance

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 4:38:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

For help with XP Remote Assistance go to "Start | Help and Support" and search on "remote
assistance" (without the quotes). Both you and the other person must be running XP Pro or XP Home.

Alternatively if your running XP Pro and want someone to access/control your PC using Remote Desktop
look at this page...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...

If your running XP Home look at using UltraVNC with its encryption plug-in...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...


"4laso4" <4laso4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5DCC5F91-7BF5-45CB-8163-D602C40F925D@microsoft.com...
> how can i allow someone to operate my computer remotely
>
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 8:31:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Is it true both parties must be running XP Pro to use Remote Assistance? I'm
running Pro and asking the other party (who's running XP Home) to view my
desktop/system. I think I already know the answer to this <g>.

Tony
"Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
news:o IHykTXWFHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> For help with XP Remote Assistance go to "Start | Help and Support" and
> search on "remote assistance" (without the quotes). Both you and the other
> person must be running XP Pro or XP Home.
>
> Alternatively if your running XP Pro and want someone to access/control
> your PC using Remote Desktop look at this page...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...
>
> If your running XP Home look at using UltraVNC with its encryption
> plug-in...
>
> http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>
> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual
> benefit of all of us...
> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights...
>
>
> "4laso4" <4laso4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5DCC5F91-7BF5-45CB-8163-D602C40F925D@microsoft.com...
>> how can i allow someone to operate my computer remotely
>>
>
>
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 10:37:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Reply to message from "Tony Olson" <tonyolsonaz@cox.net> (Mon, 16 May 2005 18:31:33) about
"Re: remote assistance":

> Is it true both parties must be running XP Pro to use Remote Assistance? I'm running
> Pro and asking the other party (who's running XP Home) to view my desktop/system. I
> think I already know the answer to this <g>.

> Tony
> "Sooner Al [MVP]"
> <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message news:o IHykTXWFHA.
> 2448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> For help with XP Remote Assistance go to "Start | Help and Support" and search on
>> "remote assistance" (without the quotes). Both you and the other person must be
>> running XP Pro or XP Home.

>> Alternatively if your running XP Pro and want someone to access/control your PC using
>> Remote Desktop look at this page...

>> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/ RemoteDesktop/
>> RemoteDesktopSetupandTroubleshooti ng.html

>> If your running XP Home look at using UltraVNC with its encryption plug-in...

>> http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

>> --

>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of
>> all of us...
>> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp. support.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS
>> IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...


>> "4laso4" <4laso4@discussions. microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DCC5F91-7BF5-45CB-
>> 8163- D602C40F925D@microsoft.com...
>>> how can i allow someone to operate my computer remotely

Both users must be running XP (Home or Pro) or Windows 2003.

------
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1 for the PocketPC
!