Dial up internet sharing with wireless

Is internet sharing in Win XP possible with wireless and dialup?

I've been using a wired network for some time without any issues dialling up
and sharing with two other PC's
Not having much luck with sharing with wireless though.
Can't find any info using dialup only broadband.

Using a Netgear Firewall router & Win XP Pro.

Any help appreciated.

Lindsay
3 answers Last reply
More about dial internet sharing wireless

    Not sure you really see having the benefit of a router without a high-speed
    internet connection...

    Carey

    "Lindsay Cripps" <gtext_nospam_@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
    > Is internet sharing in Win XP possible with wireless and dialup?
    >
    > I've been using a wired network for some time without any issues dialling
    > up and sharing with two other PC's
    > Not having much luck with sharing with wireless though.
    > Can't find any info using dialup only broadband.
    >
    > Using a Netgear Firewall router & Win XP Pro.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Lindsay

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:54:35 +1100, "Lindsay Cripps"
    <gtext_nospam_@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

    >Is internet sharing in Win XP possible with wireless and dialup?
    >
    >I've been using a wired network for some time without any issues dialling up
    >and sharing with two other PC's
    >Not having much luck with sharing with wireless though.
    >Can't find any info using dialup only broadband.
    >
    >Using a Netgear Firewall router & Win XP Pro.
    >
    >Any help appreciated.
    >
    >Lindsay

    Lindsay,

    Here are three wireless NAT routers with dialup capability:
    Netgear FWG114P:
    <http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FWG114P.php>
    SMC7004AWBR:
    <http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewProduct&localeCode=EN_USA&pid=881>
    USR USR8022:
    <http://www.usr.com/products/networking/router-product.asp?sku=USR8022>

    I use an SMC7004ABR, the wired equivalent of the 7004AWBR, whenever my DSL goes
    out, to provide internet service to my LAN.

    You also could attach a WAP to a wired router with dialup capability.
    Netgear FR328S:
    <http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FR328S.php>
    SMC7004ABR:
    <http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewProduct&localeCode=EN_USA&pid=858>
    USR USR8000A:
    <http://www.usr.com/products/networking/router-product.asp?sku=USR8000A>

    Cheers,
    Chuck

    Hi

    May be this can Help. http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Lindsay Cripps" <gtext_nospam_@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
    > Is internet sharing in Win XP possible with wireless and dialup?
    >
    > I've been using a wired network for some time without any issues dialling
    up
    > and sharing with two other PC's
    > Not having much luck with sharing with wireless though.
    > Can't find any info using dialup only broadband.
    >
    > Using a Netgear Firewall router & Win XP Pro.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Lindsay

Wireless Internet Dial Up Connection Windows XP Wireless Networking