Dial up internet sharing with wireless

Is internet sharing in Win XP possible with wireless and dialup?

I've been using a wired network for some time without any issues dialling up
and sharing with two other PC's
Not having much luck with sharing with wireless though.
Can't find any info using dialup only broadband.

Using a Netgear Firewall router & Win XP Pro.

Any help appreciated.

Lindsay

Not sure you really see having the benefit of a router without a high-speed
internet connection...

Carey

"Lindsay Cripps" <gtext_nospam_@alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
> Is internet sharing in Win XP possible with wireless and dialup?
>
> I've been using a wired network for some time without any issues dialling
> up and sharing with two other PC's
> Not having much luck with sharing with wireless though.
> Can't find any info using dialup only broadband.
>
> Using a Netgear Firewall router & Win XP Pro.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Lindsay

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:54:35 +1100, "Lindsay Cripps"
<gtext_nospam_@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

>Is internet sharing in Win XP possible with wireless and dialup?
>
>I've been using a wired network for some time without any issues dialling up
>and sharing with two other PC's
>Not having much luck with sharing with wireless though.
>Can't find any info using dialup only broadband.
>
>Using a Netgear Firewall router & Win XP Pro.
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Lindsay

Lindsay,

Here are three wireless NAT routers with dialup capability:
Netgear FWG114P:
<http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FWG114P.php>
SMC7004AWBR:
<http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewProduct&localeCode=EN_USA&pid=881>
USR USR8022:
<http://www.usr.com/products/networking/router-product.asp?sku=USR8022>

I use an SMC7004ABR, the wired equivalent of the 7004AWBR, whenever my DSL goes
out, to provide internet service to my LAN.

You also could attach a WAP to a wired router with dialup capability.
Netgear FR328S:
<http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FR328S.php>
SMC7004ABR:
<http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewProduct&localeCode=EN_USA&pid=858>