multiple DVD's to single DVD

Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Hey! I have a few portfolio DVD's that only play about 20 minutes each. My
intent is to combine them on a single DVD. (these are all DVD5's)

I see DVDremakePro will do this - any other options you folks can think of
other than completely reverse engineering the source projects and building a
single one from the ground up?

Thanks,
C.J.
8 answers Last reply
More about multiple single
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    In article <JtGdnRSvyeA8bPrfRVn-rw@rogers.com>, cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com
    says...

    >Hey! I have a few portfolio DVD's that only play about 20 minutes each. My
    >intent is to combine them on a single DVD. (these are all DVD5's)
    >
    >I see DVDremakePro will do this - any other options you folks can think of
    >other than completely reverse engineering the source projects and building a
    >single one from the ground up?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >C.J.

    No big deal. Copy the individual DVD files to your hard drive, rename them
    VTS_0_n, make a new folder VIDEO_TS, copy all the renamed files to that folder
    and then burn the folder to a new blank DVD.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    I should have been more clear - both discs have multiple menus that need to
    be preserved.

    Ideally, I'd like to insert a combo disc and have a new menu come up that
    says "Pick portfolio 1 or 2."

    Thanks,
    C.j

    "Gogarty" <Gogarty@Clongowes.edu> wrote in message
    > In article <JtGdnRSvyeA8bPrfRVn-rw@rogers.com>,
    > cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com
    > says...
    >>

    >>Hey! I have a few portfolio DVD's that only play about 20 minutes each. My
    >>intent is to combine them on a single DVD. (these are all DVD5's)
    >>
    >>I see DVDremakePro will do this - any other options you folks can think of
    >>other than completely reverse engineering the source projects and building
    >>single one from the ground up?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>C.J.
    >>
    > No big deal. Copy the individual DVD files to your hard drive, rename them
    > VTS_0_n, make a new folder VIDEO_TS, copy all the renamed files to that
    > folder
    > and then burn the folder to a new blank DVD.

  3. Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    "C.J.Patten" <cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
    >I should have been more clear - both discs have multiple menus that need to
    >be preserved.
    >
    > Ideally, I'd like to insert a combo disc and have a new menu come up that
    > says "Pick portfolio 1 or 2."
    >
    > Thanks,
    > C.j

    What you want is possible, in a sense. You can have a
    resulting DVD that uses the individual DVD's main menus
    as title menu backgrounds.

    You can extract each DVD's menu background image or
    clip from the VIDEO_TS.ifo or .vob; and use that when
    you author the new DVD. Each original DVD would be its
    own title, of course; and the old main menu becomes a
    title menu.

    Luck;
    Ken
  4. Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    This is a VERY complex process, though it can be done.

    Best bet? If you have the time and patience, www.doom9.org for their DVD
    help articles. You'll need to read up on quite a few of them to
    understand how to extract the contents from the original VOB files,
    combine them onto one disc while retaining the menuing...
  5. Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    Ugh. Figured as much.

    This is basically coming down to reverse engineering both discs and trying
    rebuild them as one.

    I think my better bet is to extract the video files (AVI synth? AutoGK? I
    forget which tool I used last time) and design new menus in Adobe Encore DVD
    (well, Photoshop really) then just dump the extracted videos into a new
    project.

    Basically, it gets me to the same place I would be by using all the stuff
    mentioned on Doom9... except using a lot of that software is like having a
    brick tied to my hand and Encore is smooth as silk.

    Thanks for the input - at least I'm not wasting time looking for a tool that
    doesn't exist.
    C.j.

    "David Chien" <chiendh@uci.edu> wrote in message
    > This is a VERY complex process, though it can be done.
    >
    > Best bet? If you have the time and patience, www.doom9.org for their DVD
    > help articles. You'll need to read up on quite a few of them to
    > understand how to extract the contents from the original VOB files,
    > combine them onto one disc while retaining the menuing...
  6. Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    Rebuild in DVD Studio Pro which builds a tree of menus and multiple screens
    that can be combined from the original.

    Also take a look at the following:
    http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdrb.htm

    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvd-lab.htm

    --
    Brian Alves

    Listen to the new podcast
    for DV creators- The DV Show!
    http://www.thedvshow.com
  7. Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    Thanks! I'll take a look!

    C.j

    "The DV Show" <brian@thedvshow.com> wrote in message
    > Rebuild in DVD Studio Pro which builds a tree of menus and multiple
    > screens
    > that can be combined from the original.
    >
    > Also take a look at the following:
    > http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdrb.htm
    >
    > http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvd-lab.htm
    >

    > --
    > Brian Alves
    >
    > Listen to the new podcast
    > for DV creators- The DV Show!
    > http://www.thedvshow.com

  8. Archived from groups: rec.video,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

    > Ugh. Figured as much.
    >
    > This is basically coming down to reverse engineering both discs and trying
    > rebuild them as one.
    >
    > I think my better bet is to extract the video files (AVI synth? AutoGK? I
    > forget which tool I used last time) and design new menus in Adobe Encore
    > DVD (well, Photoshop really) then just dump the extracted videos into a
    > new project.

    It's really quite easy to extract the menu graphics from the
    VIDEO_TS.vob file or the lowest numbered .vob for each
    title. I just use VideoReDo, which has no problem with it as
    a still image or a motion clip.

    Perhaps Encore can do what I do in TMPGEnc DVD
    Author: I rename VIDEO_TS.vob to VIDEO_TS.mpg,
    and TDA will let me use it for the menu background. If
    it is a still image it appears as a one GOP MPEG.

    You will need to recreate the selection/mask and highlight
    layers, but that's no big deal. The same should be true for
    the menu navigation and commands, using your Encore or
    DVDLab. It's only a little more difficult in TDA.

    Luck;
    Ken

Tuner Cards Reverse Engineering DVD Video Graphics