Olympus C-5060 wide zoom

I need a bit of advice please,
I bought an Olympus C-5060 wide zoom in August 2004 I had the camera less
than a month, while on holiday in Scotland some of the functions on the
camera would not work, I contacted the dealer and they arranged for me to
swap the camera with a new C-5060 in Inverness, I did that and the new
camera worked fine.
I was on holiday again this year in August 2005 and again some of the
functions stopped working, stuck on manual mode, landscape setting and the
focus wheel would not work. I contacted the Olympus helpline when I got back
from holiday and they suggested removing the battery for over 24 hours and
the camera would reset itself. I tried this a couple of times but the fault
still occurs. The camera still has 12 months of a two year warranty left
I contacted the dealer asking if I could change the camera for a different
mdel and I would pay the difference because I have no confidence in this
model and has spoilt two of our photo holidays, they would only get the
camera repaired.

It is now just over 12 months since I bought the original camera and under
12 months since I got the replacement camera.
Does anyone know know what my legal rights are in the UK, Ideally I would
like to get my money back and choose a different model from the same shop.

Regards, Nadia

Nadia wrote:
> I need a bit of advice please,
> I bought an Olympus C-5060 wide zoom in August 2004 I had the camera less
> than a month, while on holiday in Scotland some of the functions on the
> camera would not work, I contacted the dealer and they arranged for me to
> swap the camera with a new C-5060 in Inverness, I did that and the new
> camera worked fine.
> I was on holiday again this year in August 2005 and again some of the
> functions stopped working, stuck on manual mode, landscape setting and the
> focus wheel would not work. I contacted the Olympus helpline when I got back
> from holiday and they suggested removing the battery for over 24 hours and
> the camera would reset itself. I tried this a couple of times but the fault
> still occurs. The camera still has 12 months of a two year warranty left
> I contacted the dealer asking if I could change the camera for a different
> mdel and I would pay the difference because I have no confidence in this
> model and has spoilt two of our photo holidays, they would only get the
> camera repaired.
>
> It is now just over 12 months since I bought the original camera and under
> 12 months since I got the replacement camera.
> Does anyone know know what my legal rights are in the UK, Ideally I would
> like to get my money back and choose a different model from the same shop.
>
> Regards, Nadia

Try you local CAB and have a look at:

www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/facts/salegoodsact.htm

However, I don't think you may have any alternative to the repair option

Tony M

TRENDING THREADS