DVD Menu options?

I have tv shows I have converted from DivX to DVD compatatible files
(BUP, IFO, VOB)
Now I'd like to burn them to DVD with a menu on each DVD (I have an
entire season so I imagine it would span a few Single-layer DVDs)

How do I make menus and burn them to DVD? I use DVDShrink and Nero to
usually burn DVDs.

Any help appreciated.
7 answers Last reply
More about menu options

    <XRobEvansX@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have tv shows I have converted from DivX to DVD compatatible files
    > (BUP, IFO, VOB)
    > Now I'd like to burn them to DVD with a menu on each DVD (I have an
    > entire season so I imagine it would span a few Single-layer DVDs)
    >
    > How do I make menus and burn them to DVD? I use DVDShrink and Nero to
    > usually burn DVDs.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    Whatever you used to convert your DivX to "DVD", used a
    crippled author process if it didn't make a menu.

    A more versatile process is to convert your DivX to DVD
    compliant MPEG files and then author those with an author
    program that will let make the menus you want.

    As you have it now you could use TMPGEnc DVD Author
    which can "Add DVD video" from a VIDEO_TS folder
    with your "DVD compatible files (BUP, IFO, VOB)" files.
    Then it will allow you to make whatever menus you want.

    I would put each episode in its own track/title. Four hour long
    (actually ~43min, with the credits and commercials removed)
    episodes per disk should be good at Full D1. I put six episodes
    and a motion menu (the opening credits) per disk at Half D1.
    (But I have a very clean source [DirecTiVo] and a very good
    hardware encoder)

    www.pegasys-inc.com

    Luck;
    Ken

    Thanks Ken-
    I am new to this authoring stuff.

    Hey Ken-
    Are there any authoring programs that would allow me to go from AVI
    directly to DVD? (What I mean is- will it convert on the fly?)

    Rob

    "xrobevansx" <XRobEvansX@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey Ken-
    > Are there any authoring programs that would allow me to go from AVI
    > directly to DVD? (What I mean is- will it convert on the fly?)
    >
    > Rob

    There are a number of them.

    Check out www.videohelp.com for listings with user comments.
    /Ken

    "xrobevansx" <XRobEvansX@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey Ken-
    > Are there any authoring programs that would allow me to go from AVI
    > directly to DVD? (What I mean is- will it convert on the fly?)
    >
    > Rob

    Adobe Encore will, though it may be overkill for your purposes.

    On 23 Apr 2005 11:28:02 -0700, "xrobevansx" <XRobEvansX@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Hey Ken-
    >Are there any authoring programs that would allow me to go from AVI
    >directly to DVD? (What I mean is- will it convert on the fly?)
    >
    >Rob

    I think Ulead DVD movie factory does this, but you need to download
    the trial.

    Bye for now.

    Clive.

    In article <PYadnd8i6IbjuvffRVn-ug@giganews.com>, kmaltby@sbcglobal.net
    says...

    > As you have it now you could use TMPGEnc DVD Author
    > which can "Add DVD video" from a VIDEO_TS folder
    > with your "DVD compatible files (BUP, IFO, VOB)" files.
    > Then it will allow you to make whatever menus you want.

    It is indeed very nice, Ken. I downloaded the 30 day trial and have
    accomplished what I needed to do - thanks very much. Given the
    infrequency of my need to do this, I don't know if I'd run out and buy
    it though. It is very easy to use and the results are excellent.

Tuner Cards DVD Burner Graphics