Windows Server 2003 SP1 slows access to local files

I frequently use Remote Desktop (with Local Resources enabled) to move files
back and forth from the server to my client. After installation of SP1 on
the servers, browsing my local drives via Windows Explorer on the server has
slowed significantly. The slowdown increases as I drill down through the
folder structure of my local drive.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and is there a fix/workaround

Matt Marshall
1 answer Last reply
More about windows server 2003 slows access local files

    We are experiencing the exact same problem. We have two dedicated windows
    2003 servers hosted by the same company. On one server without SP1 we can
    browse our local drives with no problem. On the server that has SP1 the
    browsing of files on the local drive is painfully slow. As below, the
    slowdown increases as we drill down into the folder structure. The hosting
    company does not even know what is going on. Can anyone give some insight
    into this problem.
    Thanks in advance.
    Steve

    "Matt Marshall" <mattmars@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >I frequently use Remote Desktop (with Local Resources enabled) to move
    >files back and forth from the server to my client. After installation of
    >SP1 on the servers, browsing my local drives via Windows Explorer on the
    >server has slowed significantly. The slowdown increases as I drill down
    >through the folder structure of my local drive.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this behavior and is there a fix/workaround
    >
    > Matt Marshall

Windows Server 2003 Servers Windows XP