Remote Assistance and "Problem with the invitation..."

May 20, 2005 4:38:06 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know the soultion to the problem "There is a problem with the
invitation and it cannot be opened. To use Remote Assistance, the sender of
this invitation will have to send you a new invitation."

MS have a kb 322182
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-...

BUT I am offering remote assistance, not using OWA,any email client or
messenger. I am using XP SP2 in a 2003 SP1 AD.

MS say in the KB "The Remote Assistance invitation contains Unicode XML
code, which provides information about the request. As a security measure,
OWA automatically disables attachments that contain this type of code, so
that they cannot be opened in Microsoft Internet Explorer. This renders the
saved attachment unusable."

Any ideas?
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 6:11:02 AM

Same goes for me. I try to offer RA, but something denies it from working
properly. I get this "Problem with invitation...." error. No Outlook, no
Messenger. Googled it, and it seems that there are much more people that have
encountered the same message but non of them had a resolution. I think
Microsoft are not aware enough to this issue.

"rui" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know the soultion to the problem "There is a problem with the
> invitation and it cannot be opened. To use Remote Assistance, the sender of
> this invitation will have to send you a new invitation."
>
> MS have a kb 322182
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-...
>
> BUT I am offering remote assistance, not using OWA,any email client or
> messenger. I am using XP SP2 in a 2003 SP1 AD.
>
> MS say in the KB "The Remote Assistance invitation contains Unicode XML
> code, which provides information about the request. As a security measure,
> OWA automatically disables attachments that contain this type of code, so
> that they cannot be opened in Microsoft Internet Explorer. This renders the
> saved attachment unusable."
>
> Any ideas?
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 7:43:02 AM

A Major discovery!!!! after expirementing and testing i have found that my
troubles appear after i run the Ghost Walker (Changing the computer account
SID). Please, Microsoft experts, i address to you, help me out.
The thing is i use Ghost images in my organization and i can't use them
without changing the SID...

"rui" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know the soultion to the problem "There is a problem with the
> invitation and it cannot be opened. To use Remote Assistance, the sender of
> this invitation will have to send you a new invitation."
>
> MS have a kb 322182
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-...
>
> BUT I am offering remote assistance, not using OWA,any email client or
> messenger. I am using XP SP2 in a 2003 SP1 AD.
>
> MS say in the KB "The Remote Assistance invitation contains Unicode XML
> code, which provides information about the request. As a security measure,
> OWA automatically disables attachments that contain this type of code, so
> that they cannot be opened in Microsoft Internet Explorer. This renders the
> saved attachment unusable."
>
> Any ideas?
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:40:01 AM

There is a simple solution after all!!! refer to my answer on the topic "how
run sessmgr.exe -service without safe mode" (7/20/2005).

!