VPN & XP Home

I have XP Home Edition at home. I want to use VPN to connect to my LAN at
work. No problem connecting. However, since I have Home Edition, I can't log
in to the domain. I understand all that. Here's the rub. I got XP Pro
upgrade. It won't upgrade because it says the current OS I have installed is
a newer version than the one on the CD. I have XP SP2 in stalled on the PC.
The CD came out before SP2. Do you think that if I uninstall SP2, the XP Pro
upgrade will work?

pasvorto wrote:

> I have XP Home Edition at home. I want to use VPN to connect to my LAN at
> work. No problem connecting. However, since I have Home Edition, I can't log
> in to the domain. I understand all that. Here's the rub. I got XP Pro
> upgrade. It won't upgrade because it says the current OS I have installed is
> a newer version than the one on the CD. I have XP SP2 in stalled on the PC.
> The CD came out before SP2. Do you think that if I uninstall SP2, the XP Pro
> upgrade will work?

Yes, it probably will. However slipstreaming the XP Pro disk & SP2 is a
much better idea.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

--
Chris Salter