R & R RDP in WinXPPro

How do I remove and reinstall Remote Desktop Protocol on a Windows XP Pro
SP2 computer?

The OS crashed, "Use Last Know Good Config" was chosen, and now RDP will not
work any more (it used to). I tried reinstalling SP2, still no joy.

Thanks,
Mark Raintree
2 answers Last reply
More about winxppro

    Reply to message from "MSDoula" <msdoula@raintrees.nospam.com> (Fri, 20 May 2005 17:20:18)
    about "R & R RDP in WinXPPro":

    > How do I remove and reinstall Remote Desktop Protocol on a Windows XP Pro SP2 computer?

    > The OS crashed, "Use Last Know Good Config" was chosen, and now RDP will not work any
    > more (it used to). I tried reinstalling SP2, still no joy.

    > Thanks,
    > Mark Raintree

    See if this helps...

    http://tinyurl.com/ey47e

    ------
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1 for the PocketPC

    Thanks for your response. The box is remote, so I had a guy try
    re-registering the service, no dice. He is bringing it to my office so I
    can do the repair install.

    Mark Raintree

    > Reply to message from "MSDoula" <msdoula@raintrees.nospam.com> (Fri, 20
    > May 2005 17:20:18)
    > about "R & R RDP in WinXPPro":
    >
    > > How do I remove and reinstall Remote Desktop Protocol on a Windows XP
    > > Pro SP2 computer?
    >
    > > The OS crashed, "Use Last Know Good Config" was chosen, and now RDP will
    > > not work any
    > > more (it used to). I tried reinstalling SP2, still no joy.
    >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Mark Raintree
    >
    > See if this helps...
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ey47e
    >
    > ------
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
    >
    > === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1 for the PocketPC

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP