  • Remote Desktop
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 20, 2005 7:20:18 PM

How do I remove and reinstall Remote Desktop Protocol on a Windows XP Pro
SP2 computer?

The OS crashed, "Use Last Know Good Config" was chosen, and now RDP will not
work any more (it used to). I tried reinstalling SP2, still no joy.

Thanks,
Mark Raintree

More about : rdp winxppro

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 11:21:19 PM

Reply to message from "MSDoula" <msdoula@raintrees.nospam.com> (Fri, 20 May 2005 17:20:18)
about "R & R RDP in WinXPPro":

> How do I remove and reinstall Remote Desktop Protocol on a Windows XP Pro SP2 computer?

> The OS crashed, "Use Last Know Good Config" was chosen, and now RDP will not work any
> more (it used to). I tried reinstalling SP2, still no joy.

> Thanks,
> Mark Raintree

See if this helps...

http://tinyurl.com/ey47e

------
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1 for the PocketPC
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 11:21:20 PM

Thanks for your response. The box is remote, so I had a guy try
re-registering the service, no dice. He is bringing it to my office so I
can do the repair install.

Mark Raintree

!