Unable to connect using Remote Assistance

May 22, 2005 5:40:08 AM

I have been trying Remote Assistance with my friend but the "connecting"
takes forever... it could be my SMC router that is blocking it... but I would
like to know PORT is Remote Assistance using ?
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 10:44:04 AM

Reply to message from 3dFx9* <3dFx9@discussions.microsoft.com> (Sun, 22 May 2005 03:40:08)
about "Unable to connect using Remote Assistance":

> I have been trying Remote Assistance with my friend but the "connecting" takes
> forever... it could be my SMC router that is blocking it... but I would like to know
> PORT is Remote Assistance using ?

TCP 3389...

------
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1 for the PocketPC
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 4:36:01 PM

Remote assistance does not take forever if you are beeing blocked by your
router.

It will simply tell you after approx 10 seconds that the host name could not
be resolved.

I cant see how knowing the port details help. The SMC router will block the
connection, but you need to get to the " host name not resolved stage "

After this you need to set the smc to allow the port connection, but this
will all depend on who you use to access the internet and how you set the
router up in the first place. More information would be helpful

!