Convert PAL files to NTSB ???

Is there a program that will convert PAL format AVIs/MPGs/Etc to NTSB
so I can burn them to DVD and get them off my hard drive?
--
New service to compete with paypal
Get $25 pre-registration bonus by

danr

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003

Ashton Crusher wrote:
> Is there a program that will convert PAL format AVIs/MPGs/Etc to NTSB
> so I can burn them to DVD and get them off my hard drive?

Have you considered making PAL DVDs? They are playable on many cheapo DVD
players. One is Cyber (?) I forget the second name in the brand. They are at
Wal-Mart and Best Buy for under $40. They will play PAL DVDs and spit out an
NTSC signal to your monitor.

NTSB is the nationals transportation safety board. They respond to air/train
crashes. I think they are our PALs.

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:56:50 -0700, Ashton Crusher <Hello@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>Is there a program that will convert PAL format AVIs/MPGs/Etc to NTSB
>so I can burn them to DVD and get them off my hard drive?

There's now a really easy way. Just get an MPEG2 encoder,
like TMPGenc or TMPGenc Xpress, which can handle resizing. Just load
your original PAL video file and encode at 25 fps with a frame size of
720x480. Once the new MPEG is done, Google for a program called
dgPulldown and run the 25 fps to 29.976 fps pulldown process on it.
You can now load the new file into any DVD authoring package and
author an NTSC-compatible DVD with it.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!