Origin PC Offers New Liquid Cooling for OC'ing Up To 5.2GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Dont matter. Last sentence says it all and will not be offered off the shelf. Gotta see the eye popping price tag on the rigs that carry this thing.

sporkimus

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
This unit is WAY overpriced IMO. This is nothing more than a glorified Corsair H100 unit and I don't understand what exactly the $1200 price increase will give me to make it worth it... other than a much larger dent in my wallet.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
3x120 LC for 1599$ - And 5,2GHz on a cpu out of likely hundreds of cpu's oc'd will make everyone achieve that for sure, yeah right! No thx, WAY overpriced, can even get a true sub zero cooler for that!

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
3x120 LC for 1599$

This would be the cost for the ENTIRE PC, not the cooler.

You only would need a 240 radiator, not a 360. Also, pump is likely very weak, meaning low flow rates. Looks like an Asetek rebranded block/pump.

Gimmicky solution at best. This isn't going to make your playing experience any better.

theuniquegamer

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
I hope ivy bridge to be more stable to overclock beyond 4.8ghz on standard after market aircooler(not the premium cooler) but all these overclock beyond 4.2 or so doesn't effect on gaming as expected as it should be.

Folks please read! The $1599 is INCLUDING the PC with this cooler. By itself it's priced at $199 according to web sources.

Even so, considering I have my 2500k running at 4.83GHz every day on an $80 Noctua NH-D14 and have cracked 5.0GHz stable in testing, I'll pass for now thanks. But it is pretty and would match my component colors and fan LEDs perfectly. Maybe down the road when I get tired of the gargantuan NH-D14.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
cool rig, but with PC games being held back by consoles, it just doesn't make sense to have a rig like that unless your trying to compensate for something else. meanwhile im gonna hop in my over-sized, obnoxious, jacked up, supercharged 4x4 and drive to the grocery store. cause im cool.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
What I'd like to see before shelling out the cash for one of these is some game benchmarks. Lets be honest other than maybe some folding or photoshop work most of your home users are going to buy this for gaming. So lets see some numbers in game. If it holds true to what we've seen with all the newest cpus there's zero benefit in games to a faster cpu.

soccerdocks

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]What I'd like to see before shelling out the cash for one of these is some game benchmarks. Lets be honest other than maybe some folding or photoshop work most of your home users are going to buy this for gaming. So lets see some numbers in game. If it holds true to what we've seen with all the newest cpus there's zero benefit in games to a faster cpu.[/citation]

For a lot of games yes. Check out the benchmarks for Skyrim and Starcraft 2 though. Both of those benefit with an overclocked 2500k.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Well, for those who are too lazy to build their own rig and has too much money in their pockets, this would be great.

For those who are willing to put in the effort and time, talk to me later when the price of the pre-built is more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.