Alt+Tab stopped working remotely, but settings are correct

May 24, 2005 1:38:05 PM

I've been using Remote Desktop for a couple months, and it works
great. Just yesterday, though, I noticed that when I press Alt+Tab,
it is no longer sent to the remote computer but is instead handled by
the local computer.

The local computer is Win2K, remote is WinXP Pro SP2. When I
right-click the .rdp icon and choose Edit, the "Local Settings" tab
says to apply combintions to the remote computer. But they are being
applied locally.

What's going on?

Thanks,

Barry
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 2:26:42 PM

"Barry Jaspan" <barry@mit.edu> wrote in message

> I've been using Remote Desktop for a couple months, and it
> works
> great. Just yesterday, though, I noticed that when I press
> Alt+Tab,
> it is no longer sent to the remote computer but is instead
> handled by
> the local computer.
>
> The local computer is Win2K, remote is WinXP Pro SP2. When I
> right-click the .rdp icon and choose Edit, the "Local Settings"
> tab
> says to apply combintions to the remote computer. But they are
> being
> applied locally.
>
> What's going on?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barry

You might want to try Alt + Page Up. Some keyboard combinations
are reserved to only work on the local computer. Take a look here
for the alternatives that are used on the remote machine:

Nepatsfan
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 8:01:03 PM

On 24 May 2005 09:38:05 -0400, Barry Jaspan <barry@mit.edu> wrote:

>I've been using Remote Desktop for a couple months, and it works
>great. Just yesterday, though, I noticed that when I press Alt+Tab,
>it is no longer sent to the remote computer but is instead handled by
>the local computer.
>
>The local computer is Win2K, remote is WinXP Pro SP2. When I
>right-click the .rdp icon and choose Edit, the "Local Settings" tab
>says to apply combintions to the remote computer. But they are being
>applied locally.
>
>What's going on?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Barry
Before you make the connection in RDC
Click the Options button and look at the Local Resources Tab
, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
, / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org
May 24, 2005 8:01:04 PM

> >The local computer is Win2K, remote is WinXP Pro SP2. When I
> >right-click the .rdp icon and choose Edit, the "Local Settings" tab
> >says to apply combintions to the remote computer. But they are being
> >applied locally.
> >
> Before you make the connection in RDC
> Click the Options button and look at the Local Resources Tab

As I said in my original message, I've already done that, and they are
correct but not working.

Thanks,

Barry
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 8:01:05 PM

Rebooting the Win2K box solved the problem. Now that I think about,
StickyKeys was enabled and active on the Win2K box, and that was
probably the problem.

Barry
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 10:45:57 PM

On 24 May 2005 13:06:50 -0400, Barry Jaspan <barry@mit.edu> wrote:

>Rebooting the Win2K box solved the problem. Now that I think about,
>StickyKeys was enabled and active on the Win2K box, and that was
>probably the problem.
>
>Barry
It works now, is what counts.

, _