accessing computer remotely

I am having serious problems I am running windows XP professional SP2,
and before my the last time I used windows update I was able to remote
desktop into my computer from inside my home network and outside my
home network. I was also able to use a program called Winvnc to get
into my computer. Now I can not access my desktop computer at all
remotely. I did have zone alarm running I disabled that and it did not
work so I uninstalled the progam. I made sure that Windows firewall is
not running. I have ran the virus definition update of norton, I ran
webroot spysweeper, I ran microsofts antispyware, and they came up with
nothing. So with my laptop connected to my router and my desktop
connected to my router with no outside access I gave both computers
static ip address and tried to remotely connect. I can remotely connect
to my laptop but which is running mac 10.3.9 but it would not work vice
versa. I then plugged my desktop up to cable modem with windows xp
firewall enabled and no router in between I then had a friend start
winvnc listening viewer and pointed my vnc server to that listening
viewer and that worked. I also can not ftp into my computer while
running the filezilla ftp server. When I go to canyouseeme.org my
desktop can not be seen on any port.
Any advice:
I have tried like I said disabling the firewalls, refuse to reinstall
the os, I have no restore points, and ran sever virus application
norton and housecall webversion, ran two spyware detectors webroot and
antispy.
5 answers Last reply
More about accessing computer remotely

    How do I kill the built in worm protection is it even possible. Any
    resources pointing me to that answer is greatly appreciated.

    thanks i will look at it later tonight

    If your running NAV 2005 then its possible the built-in worm protection is killing Remote Desktop.
    Check that... Otherwise check this page for troubleshooting help...

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Maurice Samueks" <mpsamuels01@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am having serious problems I am running windows XP professional SP2,
    > and before my the last time I used windows update I was able to remote
    > desktop into my computer from inside my home network and outside my
    > home network. I was also able to use a program called Winvnc to get
    > into my computer. Now I can not access my desktop computer at all
    > remotely. I did have zone alarm running I disabled that and it did not
    > work so I uninstalled the progam. I made sure that Windows firewall is
    > not running. I have ran the virus definition update of norton, I ran
    > webroot spysweeper, I ran microsofts antispyware, and they came up with
    > nothing. So with my laptop connected to my router and my desktop
    > connected to my router with no outside access I gave both computers
    > static ip address and tried to remotely connect. I can remotely connect
    > to my laptop but which is running mac 10.3.9 but it would not work vice
    > versa. I then plugged my desktop up to cable modem with windows xp
    > firewall enabled and no router in between I then had a friend start
    > winvnc listening viewer and pointed my vnc server to that listening
    > viewer and that worked. I also can not ftp into my computer while
    > running the filezilla ftp server. When I go to canyouseeme.org my
    > desktop can not be seen on any port.
    > Any advice:
    > I have tried like I said disabling the firewalls, refuse to reinstall
    > the os, I have no restore points, and ran sever virus application
    > norton and housecall webversion, ran two spyware detectors webroot and
    > antispy.

    Look at the Norton help pages and/or support pages is my best answer. I don't personally use that
    software...

    --

    > How do I kill the built in worm protection is it even possible. Any
    > resources pointing me to that answer is greatly appreciated.

    Sooner norton was the culpritm i did not know the damage of enabling
    internet worm protection. But it did teach that it is a good product so
    I just want back and modified it so that I could access my computer and
    i was done.

Desktops Computers Windows XP