Remote assistance help

I need help. I am going to start working out of my home and would like to
use Remote Assistance. Is this possible? Can I invite myself from my work
computer to my home computer? I tried this earlier today and it said there
was a problem and couldn't do it. Do I need to figure out firewalls at work
(it's a network on a server)?

Basically I just need to call into (or get into) my computer at work to use
specific programs that are on that certain computer. Does that make much
sense?

You really don't want to use Remote Assistance for that...

What you want is either XP Pro Remote Desktop, if your work PC is running XP Pro, or VNC if your
work PC is running XP Home...

Remote Desktop help...

The VNC server, client and encryption plug-in software, firewall help and the UltraVNC forum...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
http://www.realvnc.com/faq.html#firewall
http://forum.ultravnc.net/

In all cases check with your work network administrators for both help to get this all going and
permission to access your work network from an untrusted PC, ie. your home PC...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)