Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)
Additionally, to configure RAS on a XP box...
Configure RAS on Windows XP
To configure the computer for incoming connections, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
3. Double-click Create a new connection to start the New Connection Wizard.
4. Under Network Connection Type, click Set up an advanced connection, and then click Next.
5. Click Accept incoming connections, and then click Next.
6. Click the modem from the list of devices, and then click Next.
7. Select either of the options to allow Virtual Private Connections, and then click Next.
8. Click to select the check boxes for the users whom you want to be able to authenticate when
the device connects to the computer, and then click Next.
9. Make sure that the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) check box is selected, click Next, and then
Those instructions were taken directly from this KB article, ignoring the PocketPC and ActiveSync
Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...
"Robert L [MS-MVP]" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
Not sure what you mean "set up a RAS type line on an XP pro machine". Assuming you want to use
Remote Desktop Connection, you need to enable remote access. this page may help, remote desktop
.... Does XP RDC support multiple remote user sessions ... How to enable Remote
Desktop How to enable remote access on an XP machine ... www.howtonetworking.com/rdesktop.htm
Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will
benefit all readers and you may get more help.