trying to set up a remote access RAS line on XP Pro

hi could someone tell me if i am doing something wrong here?

i am trying to set up a RAS type line on an XP pro machine..

I have remote procedure call started, remote access connectivity started and
remote access auto connection started.
the telephony service is also started...

is there anything i am missing? im dialing into the pc but it does not
autoanswer?

thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about trying remote access line

    Additionally, to configure RAS on a XP box...

    ****************
    Configure RAS on Windows XP
    To configure the computer for incoming connections, follow these steps:

    1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
    3. Double-click Create a new connection to start the New Connection Wizard.
    4. Under Network Connection Type, click Set up an advanced connection, and then click Next.
    5. Click Accept incoming connections, and then click Next.
    6. Click the modem from the list of devices, and then click Next.
    7. Select either of the options to allow Virtual Private Connections, and then click Next.
    8. Click to select the check boxes for the users whom you want to be able to authenticate when
    the device connects to the computer, and then click Next.
    9. Make sure that the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) check box is selected, click Next, and then
    click Finish.

    Those instructions were taken directly from this KB article, ignoring the PocketPC and ActiveSync