XP Pro to XP Pro

All:

I am unable to get a Remote Desktop session between two machines running XP
Pro. According to some of MS documents, I should be able to do this. Does
anyone have any ideas? Am I way off base in terms of trying to get this
accomplished?
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    I'm connecting via TCP/IP and both machines are on the same subnet. The
    reason they're on the same subnet is because I want to get it functional
    prior to deploying. I have setup both machines to allow users to connect
    remotely (under my computer properties).

    "Robert L [MS-MVP]" wrote:

    > Yes, you should. We need more information to help. How do you connect to each other? what's the error?
    >
    > Don't send e-mail or reply to me except you need consulting services. Posting on MS newsgroup will benefit all readers and you may get more help.
    >
    > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    >
    > "Robnkauai" <Robnkauai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF2CAAC4-991A-411A-BD94-1D584821EB7A@microsoft.com...
    > All:
    >
    > I am unable to get a Remote Desktop session between two machines running XP
    > Pro. According to some of MS documents, I should be able to do this. Does
    > anyone have any ideas? Am I way off base in terms of trying to get this
    > accomplished?

    See this page for help...

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Robnkauai" <Robnkauai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All:
    >
    > I am unable to get a Remote Desktop session between two machines running XP
    > Pro. According to some of MS documents, I should be able to do this. Does
    > anyone have any ideas? Am I way off base in terms of trying to get this
    > accomplished?

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP