How to enable WPA in XP SP2

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

This is for some friends. They have XP, SP2, which
supposedly does not require the WPA update for 802.11
security -- as SP1 did. In fact, it won't let me install
the WPA update.

However, when I go to Advanced settings (Open Network
Connections, Properties of wireless connection, Wireless
Networks tab, Add (Preferred Network) -- all I get for
Data Encryption is "Disabled" and "WEP."

It may be the wireless card as not all support WPA. It could also be the
card requires new drivers or firmware flash update to support WPA in
addition to the XPSP2. Please post the card make/model, drivers and
firmware version if you still have troubles after checking for these
updates.

newsgroup purposes only.
"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is for some friends. They have XP, SP2, which
> supposedly does not require the WPA update for 802.11
> security -- as SP1 did. In fact, it won't let me install
> the WPA update.
>
> However, when I go to Advanced settings (Open Network
> Connections, Properties of wireless connection, Wireless
> Networks tab, Add (Preferred Network) -- all I get for
> Data Encryption is "Disabled" and "WEP."

TRENDING THREADS