Dropped frames DC10+ (WinXP and Studio 9.3)

I get a lot of dropped frames capturing with Pinnacle Studio DC10+ and
Studio 9.3 software. I am working with Windows XP.

The cause is not the Hard Drive because frames are dropped in preview
mode too (no capturing): in camera zooms, important image changes, etc.
It can drop 20 frames in a second!

I have installed the StudioDC10PlusHardwareInstall drivers and PPE. I
have tried with Studio and VirtualDub software.

Any idea about where the problem is?

Thank you

Francesc

peter

20 frames dropped in a second?

Is it not a typing error?

So it is rather leaking frames than dropped frames.

How do you connect camera to computer?

Peter: I am not using a Digital camera. I capture with Pinnacle Studio
DC10+ card.

Yes, 20 frames dropped in a second when a there is a quick camera zoom.
It may be a card drivers problem I think.

peter ha escrito:

"Francesc001" <francesc001@hotmail.com> went:

>Peter: I am not using a Digital camera. I capture with Pinnacle Studio
>DC10+ card.
>
>Yes, 20 frames dropped in a second when a there is a quick camera zoom.
>It may be a card drivers problem I think.
>

>peter ha escrito:
>
>> 20 frames dropped in a second?
>>
>> Is it not a typing error?
>>
>> So it is rather leaking frames than dropped frames.
>>
>> How do you connect camera to computer?

are you capturing live transmissions, or from vhs?

if it's only from vhs, the dc10+ will automatically drop frames if
there is a tiny (usually unnoticable) fault with the tape. there used
to be a registry setting to disable it, but that option was removed
from the xp drivers. (it's StreamErrorHandling under win98 and below
if you are able to dual boot).

if it happens with live transmissions as well, it's not that. most
likely would be something running in the background. what you see on
screen when it happens will just be a coincidence.

--
warning -- bbc7 and an increasing number of other stereo radio
stations are broadcast in 1960s style mono on dab digital radio,