exporting DV Express log to FCP

Hi- is there a way to make FCP accept an .ale Avid Log Exchange file,
so you can offline on DV Express and edit on FCP?

Thanks,
an audio guy hoping I understand the director's question
1 answer Last reply
More about exporting express

    On 3 Aug 2005 14:06:04 -0700, jflenniken@namb.net wrote:

    >Hi- is there a way to make FCP accept an .ale Avid Log Exchange file,
    >so you can offline on DV Express and edit on FCP?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >an audio guy hoping I understand the director's question

    An audio-guy trying to understand a director with regards to
    video-editing. Now that is asking for trouble :D

    You shouldn't use ALE, but EDL's. Export to a CMX3600 type of
    EDL on your Avid, and import that in your FCP, with a handle of 30
    frames (or 25 in PAL-land). The best is to _not_ apply any effects at
    all in Avid, but to leave that up to your FCP. Make sure though that
    you select the material in your Avid, which you want to apply effects
    on, and make sure it has the right lenghts (important for
    slow-motions).

    cheers

    -martin-

    --

    "Northern Hemisphere tourists must purchase new CD players
    when visiting Australia, since CDs play backwards in the

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Graphics