Remote Desktop disconnected after successful connection.

Hi all,

I attempted to set up remote access between a PC and Notebook, both using
WinXP Pro SP2 OS and 56K modem for connection.

I had successfully setup the dial-up and the incoming connections for the
respective systems. But when I tried the remote access, problems arised.
Connection is successful but during "logging on to system..." process, the
connection is suddenly disconnected, occasionally with similiar error
"connection with remote computer lost...".

Is there anything I missed out? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

regards,
Edwin Cheng
5 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop disconnected successful connection

    Is someone else using the desktop your trying to log into?

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280828

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Edwin Cheng" <EdwinCheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I attempted to set up remote access between a PC and Notebook, both using
    > WinXP Pro SP2 OS and 56K modem for connection.
    >
    > I had successfully setup the dial-up and the incoming connections for the
    > respective systems. But when I tried the remote access, problems arised.
    > Connection is successful but during "logging on to system..." process, the
    > connection is suddenly disconnected, occasionally with similiar error
    > "connection with remote computer lost...".
    >
    > Is there anything I missed out? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >

    > regards,
    > Edwin Cheng

    Nope...

    "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

    > Is someone else using the desktop your trying to log into?
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280828
    >
    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > "Edwin Cheng" <EdwinCheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I attempted to set up remote access between a PC and Notebook, both using
    > > WinXP Pro SP2 OS and 56K modem for connection.
    > >
    > > I had successfully setup the dial-up and the incoming connections for the
    > > respective systems. But when I tried the remote access, problems arised.
    > > Connection is successful but during "logging on to system..." process, the
    > > connection is suddenly disconnected, occasionally with similiar error
    > > "connection with remote computer lost...".
    > >
    > > Is there anything I missed out? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > >

    > > regards,
    > > Edwin Cheng

    Check the event logs for clues...

    --

    > Nope...
    >
    > "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Is someone else using the desktop your trying to log into?
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280828
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    >> "Edwin Cheng" <EdwinCheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi all,
    >> >
    >> > I attempted to set up remote access between a PC and Notebook, both using
    >> > WinXP Pro SP2 OS and 56K modem for connection.
    >> >
    >> > I had successfully setup the dial-up and the incoming connections for the
    >> > respective systems. But when I tried the remote access, problems arised.
    >> > Connection is successful but during "logging on to system..." process, the
    >> > connection is suddenly disconnected, occasionally with similiar error
    >> > "connection with remote computer lost...".
    >> >
    >> > Is there anything I missed out? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >> >

    >> > regards,
    >> > Edwin Cheng

    Err... sorry... where is the log files for this application?

    "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

    > Check the event logs for clues...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > "Edwin Cheng" <EdwinCheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Nope...
    > >
    > > "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Is someone else using the desktop your trying to log into?

    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
    > >>
    > >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
    > >> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights...
    > >>

    > >> "Edwin Cheng" <EdwinCheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Go to "Help and Support" and search on the string 'event log'...

    --

    > Err... sorry... where is the log files for this application?
    >
    > "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Check the event logs for clues...
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    >> "Edwin Cheng" <EdwinCheng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Nope...

Remote Desktop Remote Access Connection Windows XP