remote desktop and 2wire gateway1800

Does anyne know of any obvious problems that prevent me from connecting
from my house pc to my work pc via a 2wire bt gateway1800.

Both pc's have XP Pro. Should I be using the dhcp (private NAT) ip
address of the computer (172.16.etc) or the ip address allocated to the
router(81.139.etc).

Firewall off on the router but Norton installed on work pc.

Any help very much appreciated!

--
a12jpmPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Its better if the target PC is using a static IP on the local LAN. The issue with a DHCP assigned IP
address is that if the IP changes then the port forwarding configuration through your router is not
valid anymore...

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)