different characters on remote screen

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi everyone,
With RDP i am connecting to a windows 2003 server through an
ssh-tunnel.
I have setup the rdp client to run in win98 compatibility mode, in
order to be able to connect to localhost. (127.0.0.1:1 is defined in
putty to connect to a specific remote machine)
All goes well so far, i get the remote login screen displayed on my
desktop, but when i try to login, all typed characters are different
then what appear on the screen.
example: when i locally type "qwertyuiop" (without quotes),
"',.pyfgrcl" appears remotely.
?¿?
What to do?

There is a patch that fixes the localhost issue...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884020

I have never heard of your keyboard/character issue...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)