Editing from several to 1 DVD: software needed

I have several home-made DVDs from which I would like to take sections
and compile them into 1 DVD. In other words, I want to take some
footage from DVD A, some from DVD B and some from DVD C to create DVD
Y containing the selected footage from A, B and C.

I have Nero (which I have only used to copy) and Adobe Encore (which I
have never used).

1. Do I need any other software?

2. What is the easiest way to do this (I don't need titles, menus or
any other fancy features; just want to get something that will play on
a DVD player)?

Thanks.

"Leo Bueno" <REMOVETHISleobueno@usa.net> wrote in message
>I have several home-made DVDs from which I would like to take sections
> and compile them into 1 DVD. In other words, I want to take some
> footage from DVD A, some from DVD B and some from DVD C to create DVD
> Y containing the selected footage from A, B and C.
>
> I have Nero (which I have only used to copy) and Adobe Encore (which I
> have never used).
>
> 1. Do I need any other software?
>
> 2. What is the easiest way to do this (I don't need titles, menus or
> any other fancy features; just want to get something that will play on
> a DVD player)?
>
> Thanks.
> --

1. A: No.

2. A: That greatly depends on what you want to play it on and
what you have or want to use to make the DVD.
(both Hardware&Software) If you post these things you would
get more effective replies.

I'm sure Adobe Encore can be used to author a DVD from
such sources. That you are asking this question suggests that
you have not yet climbed the learning curve for any authoring
software, much less the one for Encore. There are other
programs that require less interaction and understanding of
the complexities of DVD construction to turn out a simple
DVD.

For example: TMPGEnc DVD Author (TDA) has a button
right on the source input page called "Add DVD video..." ,
not something you would find easily if at all in Encore. I don't
think you could find it any easier in a full authoring program.
www.tmpg-inc.com (USA) www.pegasys-inc.com (elsewhere)

Then there are various programs, many free, that can only
create the "no frills" DVD you seem to be looking for. The
one that most comes to mind is DVD Shrink, you can find
step-by-step guides to using it to do what you described.
www.videohelp.com www.digitalfaq.com www.doom9.org

Luck;
Ken

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 11:39:46 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
<kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"Leo Bueno" <REMOVETHISleobueno@usa.net> wrote in message
>>I have several home-made DVDs from which I would like to take sections
>> and compile them into 1 DVD. In other words, I want to take some
>> footage from DVD A, some from DVD B and some from DVD C to create DVD
>> Y containing the selected footage from A, B and C.
>>
>> I have Nero (which I have only used to copy) and Adobe Encore (which I
>> have never used).
>>
>> 1. Do I need any other software?
>>
>> 2. What is the easiest way to do this (I don't need titles, menus or
>> any other fancy features; just want to get something that will play on
>> a DVD player)?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>
> 1. A: No.
>
> 2. A: That greatly depends on what you want to play it on and
>what you have or want to use to make the DVD.
>(both Hardware&Software) If you post these things you would
>get more effective replies.

I would like the DVD to play in plain old home DVD players. I want my
friends to pop the DVD in their DVD player, press the <play> button
and the DVD will play. That's all.

> I'm sure Adobe Encore can be used to author a DVD from
>such sources. That you are asking this question suggests that
>you have not yet climbed the learning curve for any authoring
>software, much less the one for Encore.

You are correct. I am only starting to explore the options available.
I bought Encore by mistake.