Digital Video?

Hi,
I am shopping for a digital video camera!
I want to get a 3CCD/HDV camera. I hear HDV is a must for TV. I also want
to make flv files so I can incorporate video with Macromedias' Flash.

Can anyone suggest any good digital video cameras?

Also, I want to know what PC software will do the same as Apple's Final Cut
Pro? My Mac G4 really can't handle all of Final Cut's features, but my Dell
Laptop is much more powerful.

Thanks for your help.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:45:02 GMT, in 'rec.video.desktop',
in article <Digital Video?>,
song writer <iwritesongs@verizon.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>I am shopping for a digital video camera!
>I want to get a 3CCD/HDV camera. I hear HDV is a must for TV. I also want
>to make flv files so I can incorporate video with Macromedias' Flash.
>
>Can anyone suggest any good digital video cameras?

You might want to try CamcorderInfo as a source of information about
consumer grade camcorders.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/

HDV may be more than what you need. Without knowing more about your
budget (for example, I don't know whether you want to spend $2000 or
$20,000) and specific technical requirements, it's difficult to say.

>Also, I want to know what PC software will do the same as Apple's Final Cut
>Pro? My Mac G4 really can't handle all of Final Cut's features, but my Dell
>Laptop is much more powerful.

Video editing software is sort of a personal choice. If you check the
"Editing HDV" section of my Web page (URL in sig), I think that you'll
find that most of the products listed will edit SD (standard
definition) video just fine on a notebook computer.

>Thanks for your help.

Good luck!

--
Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
[Please remove 'nojunkmail.' from address to reply via e-mail.]