can not reote desktop into wondows xp machine.

Error: The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote
connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept
new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing
your connection. Please try your connection again later. If the problem
continues to occur, contact your administrator.

I have check the machione and it is set up for remote. The machine has been
working fine for many months. I recently installed a brook trout fax modem
and the problem happened after the installation. I tried rolling back the
system but seem to still have the problem.

Any suggestions?

I had this problem.
Have you gone into adminastrative tools, then clicked on local security
policy.
Then go to user rights assighnment and then go into allow logon through
terminal services and add users from there.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Anthony