TOCA 2

This touring racing game looks to be pretty earth-shattering.
I know the release was delayed, but it is now out.
The best car game I have ever played is Need for speed Underground and it is decent at best!!
Especially, multiplayer which really BLOWS in Underground!!!
This TOCA 2 has loads of potential - Please advise..
-M
12 answers Last reply
More about toca
  1. First of all, NFS Underground is the best car game you ever played!!!! You need to play more games, NFS Porsche Unleashed is way better (it's my favorite).

I played Collin McRae Rally 3 and 4 (still have to play through all the 4), but they are better games than NFS Underground (Except for the graphics, which are pretty impressive in NFS Underground).

I tried the demo of TOCA 2, and it is pretty good. The physics are great, good graphics and the sound is also good. But I don't think it's gone a beat NFS Porsche Unleashed. I find that it's more trilling to drive fast on a road than on a track in games: The sensation of speed is more apparent.

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies
  2. How about some damn opinions / experiences on TOCA 2.
    I have been fairly frustrated and some what disappointed with the online demo. The potential is so great that I am still leaning towards buying the whole retail version.
    Please advise.

-M
  3. I bought porsche unleashed solely on your reccommendation.
    The damn game is so old that even after numerous compatability modes and patches it still crashes to destop whenever loading a track/race???
    I am glad it only cost $7..
    I can still not find toca 2 for the PC?????
    Any advice here??
    I am Jonesing so bad that I just bought "Street LegaL".
    It seems ok, except that it is incredibly hard to remove certain parts like springs with the controls they have programmed.
    Anybody had any fun/success with this street legal game??
  4. Sorry to hear you say that NFS: PU crashes on your system. I never had any problem.

I'm sure that if you are able to make it run, you will be glad because of the gameplay. At least 7$ is really not a big waste.

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies
  5. I can still not find toca 2 for the PC?????
    Any advice here??
    I am Jonesing so bad that I just bought "Street LegaL".
    I also downloaded the 4 patches which only made it a little better. I only played for a few minutes before getting the patches. I can't believe we are still playing old games like NFS:PU and this darn Street Legal.
    It seems ok, except that it is incredibly hard to remove certain parts like springs with the controls they have programmed.
    Anybody had any fun/success with this street legal game??
    This street legal game is begining to really blow!!!
    Any recommendations would be great???
    Anyone get or see toca 2 for the PC not the damn X-Box..

Thank you..
  6. as a matter of interest are there no PS1 emulators for the pc? maybe u could find one and play some gran turismo 1 or 2...

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
  7. I wish they made the Gran Turismo series for PC. GT 4 looks like its going to be Awesome.
    On another note, i only played the single player demo of NFS U.G And Toca 2 and if i had a choice i would pick Toca 2 anyday. The drag race on NFS UG was so fast and blurry, i couldnt see crap. Im not a big racing game fan and not very good at them but if the full version is as difficult as the demo, then i'll pass. Yeah i know it takes practice and patience to get good but for now it's Toca 2 for me

If someone knows about a ps1 or 2 emulator please step forward:)

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with ithcy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger
  8. Well, i just bought the full version of TOCA 2 and let me say that this game absolutely Rawks. RAWKS I TELL YOU!!!!

9. You did play the online demo and the single player demo, right???
    Where did you find it???
    I have seen the X-box version everywhere but both best buy and electronics boutique claim it does not exist for the PC????
    Please advise and elaborate on the comprehensive quality of the full TOCA2.

Thank You...
  10. I havent tried the online demo but i did play the single player demo which made me go out and BUY the full version of TOCA 2 at Electronics Boutique. 29.99
    Whoever you Talked to is full of [-peep-]. Its a 1 disc game which takes up over 3 gigs of space.
    Hope you find it.

11. Thanks, did EB just get it in or has it been out just like the x-box version for over 1 month???
    This is what the codemasters website led me to believe. that both formats/versions were released at the same time.
    How about sharing some of your experiences with this damn game that my EB claims does not exist??? :(
    Especially, all of your online races.....??????
    THX, Peace.
  12. Im not surewhen they got it in but the graphics and gameplay are awesom.
    I have'nt played online cause im not really good enough for online. Im only using a gamepad instead of steering wheel and im playing with the default car settings untill i can undertsand what and how to set up the car right.
    I can smoke the cars in free ride on normal mode but when i play the career mode, i just cant seem to get ahead of the cars. Im only on the 3rd or 4th championship and it seems to be getting harder for me. Again, im only using a gamepad and default car setup. But im gonna keep at it and try and mess with car settings because the way its setup now, my tires slip like crazy at start, and the cars blow past me which really sucks.
    The game runs so smoothe, i can actually race with the in car view. First race game i've ever been able to do it in.
    All i can say is that if you like racing games, then this is the game for you. You're gonna love this game.
    I cant wait to race the Big Rigs.

Ask a new question

Read More

Multiplayer Games Video Games