How To Copy From My ReplayTV To My Computer DVD Burner?

My ReplayTV unit are is in one room. My computer is down a short
hallway, about 30 feet away. Can I connect the ReplayTV to my
computer so that I can copy a program I recorded to a DVD that will
play in the TV DVD player? What do I need to be able to do this?

Ken

On 8/6/2005, Ken Hall managed to type:

You might get good answers at alt.video.ptv.replaytv

Well, I can easily answer your first question: yes.

Go to that NG and lurk and you'll probably find what you need without
even having to ask.

There's also alt.video.ptv.tivo if you feel like slumming :)

HTH,
Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
letters617blochg3251

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:08:12 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch"
<spamfree@nobody.invalid> wrote:

>On 8/6/2005, Ken Hall managed to type:
>> My ReplayTV unit are is in one room. My computer is down a short
>> hallway, about 30 feet away. Can I connect the ReplayTV to my
>> computer so that I can copy a program I recorded to a DVD that will
>> play in the TV DVD player? What do I need to be able to do this?
>>
>> Ken
>
>You might get good answers at alt.video.ptv.replaytv
>
>Well, I can easily answer your first question: yes.
>
>Go to that NG and lurk and you'll probably find what you need without
>even having to ask.
>
>There's also alt.video.ptv.tivo if you feel like slumming :)

Thanks for your reply. Actually I don't think my question has
anything to do with ReplayTV, and after I posted I was sorry I
mentioned the specific device.

The question should have been phrased:

"Can I connect a TV signal from a VCR or a TV hard disk recorder (or
even a live TV signal) to my computer, so that I can copy a program to
a my DVD writer that will play in a TV DVD player? If so, what do I
need to be able to do this?"

Ken