My ReplayTV unit are is in one room. My computer is down a short
hallway, about 30 feet away. Can I connect the ReplayTV to my
computer so that I can copy a program I recorded to a DVD that will
play in the TV DVD player? What do I need to be able to do this?

Ken
2 answers Last reply
More about copy replaytv computer burner

    On 8/6/2005, Ken Hall managed to type:

    You might get good answers at alt.video.ptv.replaytv

    Well, I can easily answer your first question: yes.

    Go to that NG and lurk and you'll probably find what you need without
    even having to ask.

    There's also alt.video.ptv.tivo if you feel like slumming :-)

    HTH,
    Gino

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
    letters617blochg3251

    On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:08:12 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch"
    <spamfree@nobody.invalid> wrote:

    >On 8/6/2005, Ken Hall managed to type:
    >> My ReplayTV unit are is in one room. My computer is down a short
    >> hallway, about 30 feet away. Can I connect the ReplayTV to my
    >> computer so that I can copy a program I recorded to a DVD that will
    >> play in the TV DVD player? What do I need to be able to do this?
    >>
    >> Ken
    >
    >You might get good answers at alt.video.ptv.replaytv
    >
    >Well, I can easily answer your first question: yes.
    >
    >Go to that NG and lurk and you'll probably find what you need without
    >even having to ask.
    >
    >There's also alt.video.ptv.tivo if you feel like slumming :-)

    Thanks for your reply. Actually I don't think my question has
    anything to do with ReplayTV, and after I posted I was sorry I
    mentioned the specific device.

    The question should have been phrased:

    "Can I connect a TV signal from a VCR or a TV hard disk recorder (or
    even a live TV signal) to my computer, so that I can copy a program to
    a my DVD writer that will play in a TV DVD player? If so, what do I
    need to be able to do this?"

    Ken

Tuner Cards Computer ReplayTV Graphics