DVD authoring recommendations to go with WMM2.1 ?

Can anyone recommend a DVDauthoring app to compliment Windows Movie
Maker 2.1?

Specifically what I'm looking for is the ability to import (or in some
way source) the WMM project file (.MSWMM) and automatically create
chapters on the DVD which will correspond to each "clip" on the
storyboard of WMM2.1. (without having to breakup the large .avi file
captured into smaller clip-size .avi files like PPro or Scenlyzer
does)
6 answers Last reply
More about authoring recommendations wmm2

    Runner@que.org wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a DVDauthoring app to compliment Windows Movie
    > Maker 2.1?
    >
    > Specifically what I'm looking for is the ability to import (or in some
    > way source) the WMM project file (.MSWMM) and automatically create
    > chapters on the DVD which will correspond to each "clip" on the
    > storyboard of WMM2.1. (without having to breakup the large .avi file
    > captured into smaller clip-size .avi files like PPro or Scenlyzer
    > does)

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

    "Jimmy" <JimmyClifff@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    > Runner@que.org wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a DVDauthoring app to compliment Windows Movie
    >> Maker 2.1?
    >>
    >> Specifically what I'm looking for is the ability to import (or in some
    >> way source) the WMM project file (.MSWMM) and automatically create
    >> chapters on the DVD which will correspond to each "clip" on the
    >> storyboard of WMM2.1. (without having to breakup the large .avi file
    >> captured into smaller clip-size .avi files like PPro or Scenlyzer
    >> does)
    >
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

    In other words: Nothing beyond movie maker (unless there are updates around
    I have not seen). You are stuck in movie maker.

    Alpha wrote:
    > "Jimmy" <JimmyClifff@xemaps.com> wrote in message
    >> Runner@que.org wrote:
    >>> Can anyone recommend a DVDauthoring app to compliment Windows Movie
    >>> Maker 2.1?
    >>>
    >>> Specifically what I'm looking for is the ability to import (or in
    >>> some way source) the WMM project file (.MSWMM) and automatically
    >>> create chapters on the DVD which will correspond to each "clip" on
    >>> the storyboard of WMM2.1. (without having to breakup the large
    >>> .avi file captured into smaller clip-size .avi files like PPro or
    >>> Scenlyzer does)
    >>
    >> microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker
    >>

    > In other words: Nothing beyond movie maker (unless there are updates
    > around I have not seen). You are stuck in movie maker.

    In other words you might find more posts and people that know more about
    what you want to do. I could make some suggestions but this would not be the
    BEST forum for that. I don't use WMM often and when I do I have to convert
    the captured file to type-2 then edit with Pinnacle Studio then render with
    another app. You are never stuck with WMM.

    J.

    Runner@que.org wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a DVDauthoring app to compliment Windows Movie
    > Maker 2.1?
    >
    > Specifically what I'm looking for is the ability to import (or in some
    > way source) the WMM project file (.MSWMM) and automatically create
    > chapters on the DVD which will correspond to each "clip" on the
    > storyboard of WMM2.1. (without having to breakup the large .avi file
    > captured into smaller clip-size .avi files like PPro or Scenlyzer
    > does)

    No authoring app gives you the capability to import only a project file
    and output a DVD. You need to supply either a finished AVI or a
    compliant MPEG-2 file. A search on this group for DVD authoring will
    give you lots of options covering cheap to good.
    The The DVD Cookbook at http://www.videoguys.com/DVDhome.html is a good
    place to start reading.

    Mike

    "Jimmy" <Jimmycliff@Spamex.com> wrote in message
    > Alpha wrote:
    >> "Jimmy" <JimmyClifff@xemaps.com> wrote in message

    >>> microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker
    >>>

    >> In other words: Nothing beyond movie maker (unless there are updates
    >> around I have not seen). You are stuck in movie maker.
    >
    > In other words you might find more posts and people that know more about
    > what you want to do. I could make some suggestions but this would not be
    > the BEST forum for that. I don't use WMM often and when I do I have to
    > convert the captured file to type-2 then edit with Pinnacle Studio then
    > render with another app. You are never stuck with WMM.

    If you read the OP carefully, what you suggest is not what he wants. He
    wants a direct read of the project file into an app that will auto-create
    chapters based on that file.

    Runner@que.org wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a DVDauthoring app to compliment Windows Movie
    > Maker 2.1?
    >
    > Specifically what I'm looking for is the ability to import (or in some
    > way source) the WMM project file (.MSWMM) and automatically create
    > chapters on the DVD which will correspond to each "clip" on the
    > storyboard of WMM2.1. (without having to breakup the large .avi file
    > captured into smaller clip-size .avi files like PPro or Scenlyzer
    > does)

    The Microsoft Moviemaker forums would be the place to go for info on this.

Tuner Cards DVD Graphics