ip printers in remote desktop

I work at a number of cleint sites. Within each I have set up their
printers on my notebook as IP printers in order to print "locally".

I also use remote desktop to connect to my own office server.

What I don't seem to be able to do is print to the client printers directly
from the remote desktop. I can see some local printers on the desktop (my
home one) but not any of the ones that were set up as IP printers.

Help!!

tony cobain via WindowsKB.com <forum@nospam.WindowsKB.com> wrote:

> What I don't seem to be able to do is print to the client printers
> directly from the remote desktop. I can see some local printers on
> the desktop (my home one) but not any of the ones that were set up as
> IP printers.

You need the Windows drivers for your local IP-connected printers also to be
installed on your office server.

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rdhw@cam.ac.uk