To Download or to buy DVD/CD?

Hi all,

why would I download HL2 via Steam if I can buy the game for the same
price in DVD or CD version? At least then, I could sell it again
(unlikely, but not impossible). Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Shug
2 answers Last reply
More about download

    On 1 Sep 2004 04:15:16 -0700, Holger wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > why would I download HL2 via Steam if I can buy the game for the same
    > price in DVD or CD version? At least then, I could sell it again
    > (unlikely, but not impossible). Am I missing something?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Shug

    Buy a CD, You can always complain if something's wrong with it.

    Holger took a deep breath and proclaimed the following on 01/09/2004 12:15:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > why would I download HL2 via Steam if I can buy the game for the same
    > price in DVD or CD version? At least then, I could sell it again
    > (unlikely, but not impossible). Am I missing something?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Shug

    Technically you can't sell it (read the EULA) and if you use it online
    then if you do sell it the new owner can't use it online.

    You're right about one thing, after I bought CZ through steam I will
    never do that again, it's a disk in a box or nothing for me.

Download DVD Games CD-Rom Video Games Product