To Download or to buy DVD/CD?

Holger

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

Hi all,

why would I download HL2 via Steam if I can buy the game for the same
price in DVD or CD version? At least then, I could sell it again
(unlikely, but not impossible). Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Shug

Boogieman

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

On 1 Sep 2004 04:15:16 -0700, Holger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> why would I download HL2 via Steam if I can buy the game for the same
> price in DVD or CD version? At least then, I could sell it again
> (unlikely, but not impossible). Am I missing something?
>
> Cheers,
> Shug

Buy a CD, You can always complain if something's wrong with it.

squishy

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2004

Holger took a deep breath and proclaimed the following on 01/09/2004 12:15:
> Hi all,
>
> why would I download HL2 via Steam if I can buy the game for the same
> price in DVD or CD version? At least then, I could sell it again
> (unlikely, but not impossible). Am I missing something?
>
> Cheers,
> Shug

Technically you can't sell it (read the EULA) and if you use it online
then if you do sell it the new owner can't use it online.

You're right about one thing, after I bought CZ through steam I will
never do that again, it's a disk in a box or nothing for me.