RDP as host

June 10, 2005 8:34:02 PM

Hello
I wonder, is it possible to use RDP as a host on a workstation, to remotely
take controll. I use VNC, but this is a slow and timeconsuming software.

I use rdp to remotely control a server, and wold like to take control over
the workstations also.

Thanks

More about : rdp host

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:22:55 AM

See this page for help...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I wonder, is it possible to use RDP as a host on a workstation, to remotely
> take controll. I use VNC, but this is a slow and timeconsuming software.
>
> I use rdp to remotely control a server, and wold like to take control over
> the workstations also.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 7:12:01 PM

Hello again. This link was wery helpful. But one more question... i found
this tekst in the note:

"Remote Desktop does not allow simultaneous remote and local access to the
Windows XP Professional desktop, and one user must log off before another can
log on."

I would like to have the opertunity to interact with the user remotely, so
my customer can see what i´m doing. Is there any way to go around this?

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> See this page for help...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > I wonder, is it possible to use RDP as a host on a workstation, to remotely
> > take controll. I use VNC, but this is a slow and timeconsuming software.
> >
> > I use rdp to remotely control a server, and wold like to take control over
> > the workstations also.
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:38:40 PM

Gunnar wrote:
> This link was wery helpful. But one more question... i
> found this tekst in the note:
>
> "Remote Desktop does not allow simultaneous remote and local access
> to the Windows XP Professional desktop, and one user must log off
> before another can log on."
>
> I would like to have the opertunity to interact with the user
> remotely, so my customer can see what i´m doing. Is there any way to
> go around this?

That would be Remote Assistance - not Remote Desktop.
Google.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP