RDP as host

Hello
I wonder, is it possible to use RDP as a host on a workstation, to remotely
take controll. I use VNC, but this is a slow and timeconsuming software.

I use rdp to remotely control a server, and wold like to take control over
the workstations also.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about host

    See this page for help...

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I wonder, is it possible to use RDP as a host on a workstation, to remotely
    > take controll. I use VNC, but this is a slow and timeconsuming software.
    >
    > I use rdp to remotely control a server, and wold like to take control over
    > the workstations also.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hello again. This link was wery helpful. But one more question... i found
    this tekst in the note:

    "Remote Desktop does not allow simultaneous remote and local access to the
    Windows XP Professional desktop, and one user must log off before another can
    log on."

    I would like to have the opertunity to interact with the user remotely, so
    my customer can see what i´m doing. Is there any way to go around this?

    Gunnar wrote:
    > This link was wery helpful. But one more question... i
    > found this tekst in the note:
    >
    > "Remote Desktop does not allow simultaneous remote and local access
    > to the Windows XP Professional desktop, and one user must log off
    > before another can log on."
    >
    > I would like to have the opertunity to interact with the user
    > remotely, so my customer can see what i´m doing. Is there any way to
    > go around this?

    That would be Remote Assistance - not Remote Desktop.
    Google.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP