RDP as host

Hello again. This link was wery helpful. But one more question... i found
this tekst in the note:

"Remote Desktop does not allow simultaneous remote and local access to the
Windows XP Professional desktop, and one user must log off before another can
log on."

I would like to have the opertunity to interact with the user remotely, so
my customer can see what i´m doing. Is there any way to go around this?
2 answers Last reply
More about host

    Reply to message from Gunnar <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> (Sat, 11 Jun 2005 17:37:
    08) about "RDP as host":

    > Hello again. This link was wery helpful. But one more question... i found this tekst in
    > the note:

    > "Remote Desktop does not allow simultaneous remote and local access to the Windows XP
    > Professional desktop, and one user must log off before another can log on."

    > I would like to have the opertunity to interact with the user remotely, so my customer
    > can see what i´m doing. Is there any way to go around this?

    If both you & the remote PC are running XP (Home or Pro) you can use Remote Assistance. Go
    to "Help and Support" & search on 'remote assistance'.

    Another alternative is VNC. I like & recommend UltraVNC. Get the server, client &
    encryption plug-in at...

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    ------
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.3 for the PocketPC

    Remote assistance will let you share a desktop. Which is nic...
    But, wehn you offer assistance, there has to be someone at the other end to
    accespt the assistance.....
    I like VNC too. It lets me take control whenever I want.
    "Gunnar" <Gunnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello again. This link was wery helpful. But one more question... i found
    > this tekst in the note:
    >
    > "Remote Desktop does not allow simultaneous remote and local access to the
    > Windows XP Professional desktop, and one user must log off before another
    > can
    > log on."
    >
    > I would like to have the opertunity to interact with the user remotely, so
    > my customer can see what i´m doing. Is there any way to go around this?

Windows XP