Can't see client Shared Folders

Please help

Going nuts Between using RDP or VPN

I've created my VPN and quite capable of establishing a connection

But after i'm connected should'nt i be able to see my shared folders as if i
was on a local net work server

If I do an Explore shoud'nt i be able to see and Map the shared from the
server to the client in the same manor i would if i were on a local network

If so how do i go about doing this

Thanks bob

With a VPN use the form \\servername\sharename or \\serverip\sharename to access files. You might
need to setup a hosts file on the client that maps the remote server\pc names to their IP addresses.
See this page for an example hosts file...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/LAN/The_Illustrated_Network.html

For Remote Desktop...

Before connecting configure the client for drive redirection. Then once the connection is made using
RD simply cut-n-paste/drag-n-drop files/folders between folders on the local and/or remote PC.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313292

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)