Anyone with PPro 1.5 have a SATA drive?

I just installed a SATA drive (the fourth HD in my machine) but when I go to
export using the Media Exporter I get a File I/O error.

I switched to save the m2v file on one of my EIDE drives and it works fine.
Do I need special drivers for Windows? Should I install the Maxblast4
software?

Anyone else run into this?

Tom P.

"Henry Padilla" <padillah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just installed a SATA drive (the fourth HD in my machine) but when I
>go to export using the Media Exporter I get a File I/O error.
>
> I switched to save the m2v file on one of my EIDE drives and it works
> fine. Do I need special drivers for Windows? Should I install the
> Maxblast4 software?

I use SATA and PATA drives interchangably. Dunno why
PPro 1.5 would know or care what kind of drive it is.

your problem is not related to Premiere. SATA drives or any other Windows
supported media will work with Premiere.
"Henry Padilla" <padillah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just installed a SATA drive (the fourth HD in my machine) but when I go
> export using the Media Exporter I get a File I/O error.
>
> I switched to save the m2v file on one of my EIDE drives and it works
fine.
> Do I need special drivers for Windows? Should I install the Maxblast4
> software?
>
> Anyone else run into this?
>
> Tom P.

"Henry Padilla" <padillah@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just installed a SATA drive (the fourth HD in my machine) but when I go
>to export using the Media Exporter I get a File I/O error.
>
> I switched to save the m2v file on one of my EIDE drives and it works
> fine. Do I need special drivers for Windows? Should I install the
> Maxblast4 software?
>
> Anyone else run into this?

If the SATA drive appears to be working normally within Windows, the most
likely cause of your problem is data corruption when the i/o is saturated.

On most motherboards the SATA i/o runs through main memory, so poor quality
or incompatible DIMMS can cause the problem. Alternatively, excess
electrical noise on the 3.3V power supply can cause drop-outs through main
memory.

Try copying your windows folders, or something of the same size, from the
EIDE to SATA. If I'm right the copy will fail at between 20%-40% completed.

Replacing the DIMMS and/or psu would be your only fix. A oscilloscope can
be used to check the psu first, though some are known to have this problem
e.g QTEC.

--
Dave